How many projects/games have you backed on Kickstarter so far?|
• 16 or more
Location: Games » Baldur's Gate 2 » Walkthroughs & Guides
THE DOCKS DISTRICT
The smell of tar, the sailors, the ships, the crying of the seagulls - all of this tells you that you have entered the Docks District of Athkatla. What you don't see is what lurks just behind the surface. But if you still have Yoshimo in your party, he will quickly fill you in: This is also Shadow Thief territory. Tread carefully, cutter!
Yoshimo will also suggest that you pay a visit to Renal Bloodscalp in the Shadow Thief Guildhall at 4. Seems Mr. Bloodscalp isn't too keen on Yoshi working "freelance" in the city and wants him to run an errand for Renal Bloodscalp. If you're playing a thief, by all means do as Yoshimo suggests; this is the beginning of the Thief Class quest.
- Here are the district exits. At night you will often be attacked by a group of thugs at the leftmost exit.
- Here a man will demand that you pay what you own him. Squeeze him just a little, and you will realize that he is a beggar with a special modus operandi. You can then handle it whichever way you like, it will have no consequences later.
- Here is a Mad Priest of Cyric. If you don't agree to become a worshipper of Cyric or lie and tell him you already are one, he attacks you. He drops a Quarterstaff and some random loot.
- Here is the entrance to the Shadow Thief Guildhall. A thief outside will tell you that you are allowed inside.
- Here is Prebek's Home which you will need to visit and clear out in connection with the Harper Hold quests.
Once you have cleared the room, loot Sanasha's body for Scrolls of Knock, Dispel Magic, and Cone of Cold; 2 items of minor treasure; and a Quarterstaff. Prebek drops a Wand of Magic Missile, a Potion of Insight, 2 items of minor treasure, a Dagger and Scrolls of Color Spray, Sleep, and Fireball. Some of the Goblins in the room may drop a few Arrows of Biting.
All three containers in the room are trapped. The one at (x=360, y=220) contains a bit of cash. The one at (x=540, y=140) contains some cash and Scrolls of Detect Invisibility and Invisible Stalker. The container at (x=660, y=240) contains some cash, a War Hammer +1, and Scrolls of Resist Fear, Conjure Fire Elemental, and Horror.
- Here is Valygar's home, which you may want to visit in connection with the Find Valygar quest.
- Here is the merchant Jahaboam. If the Jaheira romance is still active, he offers to sell you a locket for her. Apart from this, he sells various mundane items. Click here for a list of more interesting items in his inventory.
- Here is the Temple of Oghma which sells the usual temple services. You may also want to visit this temple towards the end of Chapter 6.
The temple also sells a variety of potions and scrolls. Click here for shop inventory.
- This unmarked house is a safehouse used by the Order of the Most Radiant Heart. You will need to come here to protect Tyrianna in connection with the third of the Paladin Stronghold quests.
If you enter the house without being given the Paladin Stronghold quest, it is empty except for a cat. You can loot a cupboard on the second floor for a Potion of Heroism and an Jaspar Gem. However, if you lockpick and open the cupboard on the ground floor, you will receive a warning that the guards have been summoned.
- Here are the entrances to the Barracks. The place can only be looted for minor treasure and as far as I know it plays no role in the game.
- Here are the entrances to the Sea's Bounty Tavern. The door leads to the upper floor, the stairs lead down to the ground floor.
- This unmarked house is Kangaxx's house. Watch out; there is a Level Drain trap on the door! This is where the Kangaxx quest starts and where you will find one of the most difficult fights in Shadows of Amn.
- Here is the entrance to the ground floor of Mae'Var's Guildhall. You need to come here in connection with the Mae'Var quest.
- Here is an entrance to the 2nd floor of Mae'Var's Guildhall. The door is locked until you get the Mae'Var quest.
- Here is an entrance to the 3rd floor of Mae'Var's Guildhall. The door is locked until you get the Mae'Var quest.
- Here is an entrance to the cellar in Mae'Var's Guildhall. The door is locked until you get the Mae'Var quest.
- If you are doing Nalia's NPC quest (Nalia Gets Abducted), this is where you will meet Barg.
- After you have delivered Renfeld to the Galvarey Estate, here is where you will meet Xzar who wants you to find his companion Montaron. This is part of the Harper Hold quests and also of the Jaheira romance.
(Xzar and Montaron were joinable NPCs in Baldur's Gate; in this game you can't get any of them to join, as you will see.)
- Here is Cromwell's Smithy. Cromwell can create many powerful items for you – if you have the right components, and a large amount of gold! Please click here for a list of items he can create, and what he needs in order to create them.
- Here is Rayic Gethras' home which you will have to clear out for Edwin in connection with the Mae'Var quest.
Outside Rayic's home you will find the merchant Ikert who sells a variety of mundane weapons and armor and some potions. Click here for shop inventory.
- Here is the entrance to the Galvarey Estate. You will learn in due course that it is the local Harper Hold, and if Jaheira is in your party you'll be seeing plenty of it.
- At night you will find the merchant Fovem here. He sells a variety of mundane weapons and a few potions:
- Potion of Explosions
- Here you can go down to the shipyard docks. You will need to come here in Chapter 3.
SP Forums: SoA & ToB
Has Sorcerer's Place been useful? If you would like to show your appreciation for all our hard work on the site, and help us pay the bills the site generates every month, please see how you can help support SP. Thank you!
and Legal Disclaimer