How many projects/games have you backed on Kickstarter so far?|
• 16 or more
Location: Games » Baldur's Gate 2 » Walkthroughs & Guides
THE DRUID GROVE
Ah, finally! Free of the dust and smoke and noise of the city! To smell again the fine fragrance of flowers and trees, the sweet stench of rotting ... err, where was I?
There may be several reasons, besides escaping the city, why you might want to visit the grove: The Animal Attacks in Trademeet quest, the Djinni in Trademeet quest, the Limited Wish quest, or you may want to pick up Cernd for your party after solving the Animal Attacks quest. You will also have to come here regularly for the Druid Stronghold quests if you are playing a Druid yourself.
- Here is where you arrive when you travel to the Druid Grove.
- Near here you will be attacked by a Troll.
You will also be accosted by Pauden, a Druid who wants to know your business. If you tell him that Cernd has asked you to look into what is going on in the grove, and Pauden will tell you the grove has been taken over by a Shadow Druid named Faldorn.
If Cernd is in the party, he will handle Pauden for you.
- Here you will have to fight a few Trolls and Ice Trolls.
- Down here will be a variety of Spiders for you to fight.
If you are playing a Druid, this is where you will have to fight Nilthiri and her fellow Trolls in connection with the first Druid Stronghold quest.
- Here is a single Troll waiting for you.
If you are doing the Limited Wish quest, this is where you will meet Grae. Do yourself a favor and don't wield any weapons that can instantly kill Trolls, like the Crom Faeyr. You need Grae to speak before you kill her!
- Here is the entrance to the Troll Hut. Some of the Trolls have remained outside so you'll be met by a few Trolls and Ice Trolls.
- Up here is another Troll for you to fight.
- Here are two Fighters, a Druid, and a Mage battling some Trolls. Once the Trolls are dead (with or without your help), they turn their attention to your party...
The Druid drops Leather Armor +1.
The Fighters drop Plate Mail Armor, a Helmet, Arrows +1, Arrows of Fire, a Spear, a Composite Long Bow, and minor treasure.
- Over here will be Kyland Lind and four Shadow Druids waiting to fight you. If Jaheira or Cernd can get off Insect Plague, it will stop them from casting spells and make life a lot easier for you. None of them drop anything.
- Here will be a few Trolls and Ice Trolls.
- Here is the entrance to the Ogre Tower. You need to come here in connection with the Limited Wish quest.
Enter and search the hay at the back of the tower for the Scimitar Belm +2.
- Here is the entrance to Adratha's Cottage. Adratha is a nice elderly lady who sells potions. Or so it would seem!
Adratha is really a Rakshasa named Ihtafeer, the very Rakshasa that the Djinni in Trademeet are looking for! If you have spoken with the Djinni, Adratha will smell them on you and reveal herself as Ihtafeer. Two of her Rakshasa friends teleport in and you have a difficult battle on your hands.
If you have Jan Jansen in your party, he will ask why the lady has a tiger's head. "Adratha" reveals herself as Ihtafeer and battle is inevitable. You can avoid this by leaving Jan outside while the rest of the party goes in.
If you have Keldorn in your party, he senses the terrible evil that surrounds "Adratha", and again battle ensues.
If nobody calls Adratha's bluff, she will sell a variety of potions. Click here for shop inventory.
One of Ihtafeer's fellow Rakshasa drops a Cleric's Staff +3.
Ihtafeer drops a Periapt of Proof Against Poison, Ihtafeer's Head, and a Long Sword.
Loot the chest at the back of the cottage for some gold, 40 Arrows of Fire, 40 Acid Arrows, 40 Bolts of Biting, and 40 Bolts of Lightning.
- Here are a couple of Spore Colonies. Watch out, they may summon in a few Myconids and cast Confusion on your party members, and things could get out of hand.
- If you didn't bring Cernd with you from Trademeet, this is where you will find him. If you don't have a Druid in your party, it is advisable to bring him along until you have beaten Faldorn, as you will need a Druid to challenge her.
- Here is the entrance to the Druid Grove itself. Three Shadow Druids are waiting outside to kill you. Between them, they drop Hide Armor, Splint Mail, the Club +2 Gnasher, the Flame Tongue +1, a Club, a Scimitar and some minor treasure.
SP Forums: SoA & ToB
Downloads currently hosted on SP: 1119
Adventurers currently exploring SP: 99
Registered forum users currently online:
Nifft, Taluntain, Barmy Army and 123 others hiding in shadows*
Has Sorcerer's Place been useful? If you would like to show your appreciation for all our hard work on the site, and help us pay the bills the site generates every month, please see how you can help support SP. Thank you!
and Legal Disclaimer