How many projects/games have you backed on Kickstarter so far?|
• 16 or more
Location: Games » Baldur's Gate 2 » Walkthroughs & Guides
THE PLANAR SPHERE
Some weeks ago, a Planar Sphere mysteriously appeared in the Slums of Athkatla. If you have entered it, it means you must have spoken to Valygar Corthala and learned the story of his ancestor Lavok who built the Planar Sphere and supposedly used it to travel the planes and extend his life.
If you are here, it also means you didn't do as the Cowled Wizards asked you, to find Valygar and bring him to the Cowled Wizards dead or alive...
- Here is the exit back to the Slums District.
After the sphere initiates planar travel, the exit leads out to the Abyss until you find a way to return the sphere to Athkatla.
- The northern door in this room can only be opened after you have found the Planar Key at 4.
When you open the door, the Planar Sphere initiates planar travel and you will have to find a way to bring it back to Athkatla. So before opening the door, you'll want to check that you have everything you need for a major adventure.
Opening the door gives the party 17,500 XP.
- Here you will have to fight a Steam Mephit. The observation window in the room shows you a birds-eye view of the place where the Planar Sphere currently is. This will either be Athkatla – or the Abyss!
- Here you will have to fight a Clay Golem, so make sure as many as possible have access to magical blunt weapons.
Once done, loot the room for:
Locked chest at (x=2150, y=2830) – Scroll of Haste, Emerald, 40 Arrows +2.
Oven at (x=2160, y=2790) – Golem Arm, Planar Key, Scroll of Breach.
Locked chest at (x=2240, y=2760) – Scroll of Polymorph Other, 40 Bolts +2.
Chest at (x=2310, y=2740) – Coal, Scroll of Conjure Lesser Air Elemental, Scroll of
Minor Spell Turning, 40 Bullets +2.
- Here you will meet some Knights of Solamnia. If you are playing as a Mage or a Sorcerer, you will get the quest to help them find their way home once you have brought the Planar Sphere back from The Abyss. This is part of the Mage Stronghold quests.
The table in the middle of the room contains a Scroll of Warding Whip, a Gold Necklace, and 40 Throwing Axes.
- In this room you will have to fight a Sahuagin War Party that includes a couple of Sahuagin Clerics. Most of the loot is rather mundane but there is one Cloak of Protection +1 and a number of enchanted Bolts.
- Here are three Halfling Warriors.
- Here are four more Halfling Warriors.
- Here you will see Togan, a Halfling. He runs back towards 10.
- Here is a Halfling War Party complete with a Mage, a Cleric and a few fighters. Prepare beforehand, and try to get the upper hand from the start with a few disabling spells, such as Chaos, Insect Plague, etc.
Most of the loot is bunk but make sure to pick up the Coal, the Gauntlets of Ogre Power (used for creating the Crom Faeyr hammer; in the meantime they can raise the strength of one NPC to 18/100), and the Composite Bow Ripper +2.
- Here you will have to fight a couple of Ettercaps and a couple of Sword Spiders.
On the table will be the Golem Building Book, Coal, an Emerald, and 40 Darts +1.
The Golem Machine can't be activated until you have fed Coal into all three furnaces at 13. Once you have done that and you have both the Golem Arm from 4 and the Golem Head from 15, you can activate the machine and build a Golem.
Building the Golem is necessary to open the door into the room at 16. When the Golem is activated, it will detect an intruder at 17 and rush that way to kill the unwelcome guest.
You get 23,500 XP for completing the Golem.
- Make sure to disarm the trap here!
- Here you have to fight another Halfling War Party with a couple of magic-users. One of the halflings drops the Stiletto of Demarchess +2.
Once done, you can feed Coal into each of the three furnaces. Each time you do this, a Fire Elemental is released which you will have to fight.
Don't forget to disarm the trap at (x=780, y=630)!
- Here is another trap for you to disarm.
- In this room will be two Stone Golems and an Adamantite Golem. My recommendation is to lure the Stone Golems back into the room at 13 and finish them off there, then luring the Adamantite Golem to the entrance to the room at 15 where it can't get through the narrow passage. Then kill it with ranged weapons such as the Gesen Bow and the Firetooth Dagger. The Golem is immune to both weapons but it does take electrical and fire damage nonetheless. Mmmm, cheese... ;-)
The safe in the middle of the room contains a Golem Head, Coal, 10 Tchazar Gems, and 30 Arrows of Piercing.
- Here is a puzzle for you to solve. In order to open the door to the Power Core, you must activate the four symbols on the floor in the correct order:
- First, click the symbol at the top.
- Next, click the symbol at the bottom.
- Third, click the symbol to the right.
- Finally, click the symbol to the left.
Once you have clicked all for symbols, the door to the Power Core opens and the party gains 24,500 XP. Prepare for a battle against a couple of powerful mages before entering...
- Here is the intruder the Guardian Golem detected: An Elder Orb. Try to get a hit or two in so you can share in the 14,000 XP for killing the Elder Orb.
The door in the right side of the room leads to the Navigator's Room where you will find Valygar's ancestor, the wizard Lavok. Prepare for battle...
SP Forums: SoA & ToB
Has Sorcerer's Place been useful? If you would like to show your appreciation for all our hard work on the site, and help us pay the bills the site generates every month, please see how you can help support SP. Thank you!
and Legal Disclaimer