How many projects/games have you backed on Kickstarter so far?|
• 16 or more
Location: Games » Baldur's Gate 2 » Walkthroughs & Guides
Ah, the picturesque little village of Imnesvale, hidden away in the beautiful Umar Hills. You will be visiting the village in connection with two major quests: To Find Valygar for the Cowled Wizards, and to solve the mystery of the Deaths in the Umar Hills. But there are a few side quests as well, and you may also be coming to Imnesvale in connection with the Paladin Stronghold quests and the Ranger Stronghold quests.
- Here is where you first arrive in the Umar Hills.
- The first time you visit the village, you will witness a town meeting here between the mayor, Minister Lloyd, and several of the village's inhabitants.
Later you can speak to Nelleck here. He can fill you in on the village's history but has little other use.
- Here is the entrance to Minister Lloyd's home. You need to come here in connection with the Deaths in the Umar Hills quest, the Madulf and His Friends quest, and the Ranger Stronghold quests.
The box at (x=910, y=420), the chest at (x=240, y=480), and the cupboard at (x=180, y=400) all contain small amounts of cash.
- Here is the Umar Inn. Vincenzo, the innkeeper, sells drink and lodgings and will tell you that he suspects the legendary Umar Witch of being responsible for the killings. He will gladly offer you a copy of the book "Umar Witch Project Journal", of which he has a large number of copies out back.
If you are doing the second of the Paladin Stronghold quests, you will need to speak to Moreno, Pardo, and Brunson outside the inn.
- During the day this is where you can find three merchants, Min Mining, Beherant Diir, and Elence Fielding. At night they are inside the inn.
Click here for Min Mining's shop inventory.
Click here for Beherant Diir's shop inventory.
Click here for Elence Fielding's shop inventory.
If you have solved the Murders in the Bridge District quest, you will also find Fael here. He can help you create the Human Flesh Armor. He also sells a few potions and books. Click here for shop inventory.
- Here is the entrance to Jermien's home. Outside you will find Daar, a young man who is in love with Jermien's daughter Colette. Unfortunately for Daar, Jermien won't accept the relationship. You can promise him to help.
Enter and speak to Jermien and ask him what it is that he is creating. Turns out he is making a Stone Golem to watch his daughter so she can't run off with Daar. He needs some Mimic blood to finish it, though, so offer to find some for him to start the Mimic Blood quest.
The shelf at (x=140, y=210) contains a Potion of Fire Resistance, a Potion of Clarity, and a Potion of Genius.
The cupboard at (x=540, y=250) contains scrolls of Power Word Sleep, Protection from Normal Weapons, and Contingency.
The two chests at the foot of each bed contain small amounts of cash.
- Here is Jeb. For a bit of gold he will tell you that Erlan and Enna Hendrick recently lost their daughter, and that they have hidden something of hers inside one of their chickens.
- Here are Erlan and Enna Hendrick. After speaking to Jeb, you can ask them for the chicken with something hidden inside it. You can either pay them a decent price, next to nothing, or threaten them to hand over the chicken for free. This is a pure roleplaying decision and as far as I know it has no consequences. This small quest nets you no experience but you do get a Beljuril out of it – as far as I know one of the only two Beljurils in the game (the other is in the Windspear Hills dungeon).
- Here are the three boys Dirbert, Valsben, and Neler who want to be big men and rangers and protect the village. If you accept, you get the Idle Hands in Imnesvale quest.
WARNING: Accepting this quest is NOT recommended if you are a Ranger. You get 2,000 XP for buying Ale and Swords and giving it to the boys – but you will also lose your Ranger stronghold once the villagers find out what you have done!
- Here you will find the ogre Madulf and some of his monster friends. Madulf claims to be innocent of the killings and tells you that some of his people have also disappeared. If you leave peacefully, rather than disbelieving him and initiating battle, he suggests a deal with the village. This starts the Madulf and his Friends quest.
Just north of the river from here at (x=3430, y=440) is some random treasure lying free for the taking.
- Here is the Ranger Cabin. If you are a Ranger, it will become your stronghold once you complete the Deaths in the Umar Hills quest. Unless of course you do something stupid, like buying beer and weapons for the local kids. ;-)
Until the cabin becomes your stronghold, it contains only minor loot. You can find Merella's Diary and a note from Mazzy Fentan which will help you solve the Deaths in the Umar Hills quest. If you examine the bed, it is clear that something violent has happened here. And there are dog or wolf prints in the blood? Hmmmm...
- Here is the entrance to the Umar Cave. You need to come here for the Mimic Blood quest.
If you are playing a Ranger, this is where you will have to fight an Ogre War Party in connection with the second Ranger Stronghold quest.
If you are playing a Paladin, you have to fight some monsters here in connection with the first Paladin Stronghold quest.
- Here you will meet three Rangers who are protecting Valygar against the Cowled Wizards and their allies. If you answer them that you want no trouble, they will leave peacefully. If you answer them less amiably, they attack. One of them drops a Flail +1; the others only drop mundane items and minor treasure.
- Here is the entrance to Valygar's Cabin. You need to come here in connection with the Find Valygar quest. There is no loot inside, except for 1 GP, but you can find Valygar Corthala. Ask him extensively about the Planar Sphere and why the Cowled Wizards want him, and he offers to join your party.
SP Forums: SoA & ToB
Has Sorcerer's Place been useful? If you would like to show your appreciation for all our hard work on the site, and help us pay the bills the site generates every month, please see how you can help support SP. Thank you!
and Legal Disclaimer