Location: Games » Baldur's Gate 2 » Walkthroughs & Guides
BALDUR'S GATE 2 – THRONE OF BHAAL
In Baldur's Gate you learned that you were one of the Bhaalspawn, children of Bhaal, the dead God of Murder. The game ended when you killed your fellow Bhaalspawn, Sarevok.
In Baldur's Gate 2 – Shadows of Amn you were captured by the archmage Jon Irenicus who stole the divine essence of you and your foster sister and fellow Bhaalspawn Imoen and used them to revive himself and his sister Bodhi. This game ended with you defeating first Bodhi and then Irenicus and regaining your divine soul.
Baldur's Gate 2 – Throne of Bhaal tells the conclusion to the Bhaalspawn saga. Five mighty Bhaalspawn, known as The Five, are amassing armies and eradicating other Bhaalspawn across the Sword Coast, and whether you like it or not, you are drawn into their schemes.
You can start the expansion in three ways:
- Create a new protagonist and start the game with him or her. You will start out with 2,500,000 XP.
- Import a game from Shadows of Amn. Each character is upgraded to 2,500,000 XP if they haven't already reached that number.
- Finish Shadows of Amn, and you will automatically be transferred to Throne of Bhaal. If your characters didn't have 2,500,000 XP at the conclusion of Shadows of Amn, they will get this number; otherwise they will keep whatever experience they had.
If you want to play Baldur's Gate 2 as a continuous story, I recommend that you finish Shadows of Amn and continue with the same party. For one thing, this is the only way to continue one of the romances. If you have already played Shadows of Amn and only want to play Throne of Bhaal, you may want to import a savegame or start over with a new character.
The expansion is divided into three chapters:
- Chapter 8 begins with a fight against one of the Five, Illasera. You then have to travel to Saradush and later you will have to face another of the Five, Yaga-Shura.
- In Chapter 9, you'll have to seek out the remaining three members of The Five – Sendai, Abazigal, and Balthazar – in their own lairs and destroy them.
- Finally, in Chapter 10 you will have to fight the end boss, after which you get to choose between becoming the new God of Murder or giving up your Bhaal essence and remaining mortal.
You can enlist the help of all the NPCs you met in Shadows of Amn, unless they are dead – and a new NPC, none other than your old enemy and half-brother Sarevok. You will also have access to your very own pocket plane in Hell, and a woman named Melissan will turn up at opportune times to help you along.
If you didn't visit Watcher's Keep during Shadows of Amn, you can do so after you have finished Saradush in Chapter 8. Just walk off the map in any area and click Watcher's Keep on the World Map.
OK, let's go. We begin the expansion in the Grove of the Ancients.