Location: Info/Contact » Submissions
Sorcerer's Place accepts & publishes submitted
content for all of the games we cover in depth, as well as many others. You can submit content such as
walkthroughs, guides, soundsets, portrait packs, editors, mods etc.
However, when submitting content
to SP, there are a few guidelines you should follow:
1. Things that you submit should be of decent
quality. For example, if you write a guide, run a spelling
& grammar check on it. If we notice anything particularly sloppy
about a contribution, you will be asked to correct it before we
publish it, so you might as well make sure that what you are sending
in is good enough to make it right away.
2. If your submission is anything else but text in one form or another,
make sure to include a readme.txt (plain text file) with it. The
readme should give at least some basic information about your submission:
what it is, who the author is, the author's e-mail for feedback
and how to install it.
3. Prepare a short,
objective description of your submission that will accompany your file(s).
4. Everything that you submit should be compressed at the highest
level of compression, either in .rar (preferred) or .zip
format. We recommend using the free WinRAR,
as it compresses up to 30% better than WinZip. Smaller
files save us space and bandwidth, and mean faster downloads for
people downloading files.
5. It is vitally important that you are
the author of the content you are submitting. If you find
something cool somewhere else that you think should be listed on
SP, please do not send it in as your own, but rather let us know
where the content can be found, and we'll contact the author about
hosting the content on Sorcerer's Place as well, or perhaps link
to it or recreate our own variant of it.
6. If your submission is exclusive to Sorcerer's Place, please point that out in your submission description. High-grade content submitted exclusively to SP will have priority when it comes to placement and the speed of submission processing. Additionally, if you are a member of our message boards, submitting exclusive content will enable certain perks for your account.
After you have made sure that the content you are
submitting follows the above guidelines, please submit it via our Download Central.
You can also direct any questions about submissions there, or contact us via e-mail.
A few things to keep in mind:
- We reserve the right to decline any submitted
content we deem unsuitable for SP. The content may be declined
prior to being posted on SP, or removed without notice later if
it proves to be unsuitable. What is considered unsuitable is determined
at our sole discretion and is non-negotiable.
- If you want to update your submission, you can
edit it at any time. Note, however, that the
update will also need to be approved by a moderator before it is posted.