Location: SPS Accounts » Features & FAQ
What is an SPS account?
Sorcerer's Place Supporter (SPS) accounts are our way of giving something extra
back to those of our visitors who directly support the operation
of Sorcerer's Place by donating a certain sum of money. All members of the SP team get SPS accounts for free.
Why does Sorcerer's Place need SPS accounts?
The harsh reality of the situation is that Sorcerer's
Place has long not been able to support itself with advertising
revenue alone. Over the years, the ads have gotten progressively
bigger and more annoying, and paid consistently less. Coupled with
Sorcerer's Place's continual growth, both in size and resource requirements,
we have arrived at a fatal combination. To survive, we rely heavily
on the generosity of our donors. And since we want to make the donors
feel that they are actually getting something in return besides the warm,
fuzzy feeling that comes with supporting something you enjoy, we
have provided the SPS accounts.
What do I gain with an SPS account?
By becoming an SPS account holder, you help support
Sorcerer's Place. Here is a list of the benefits that you currently receive
by becoming an SPS account holder:
1. No More Advertising!
One of the first things that you will notice about becoming an
SPS account holder is the option to remove all ads from Sorcerer's Place:
- The removal of all the intrusive ads from
our pages. This means no more pop-ups, pop-unders, flash ads,
- Optional removal of all banner ads on the site content pages.
- The removal of all banner ads from our forums.
2. Forum Perks
By becoming an SPS account holder, you will have the following
unique features added to your account on our forums:
- A special icon (), banner and title indicating your SPS status.
- Access to a private forum for SPS account holders
- A custom portrait/avatar & title. SPS account
holders can select from
over 1000 avatars and portraits.
- Immediate access to all forum features. Bypass all the minimum number of posts requirements.
- Expanded gallery storage (more room for your image uploads).
- Expanded signatures (higher character and line limits, and the ability to use link advertising, images and smilies in signatures).
- Private party line. Gain the ability to privately converse with up to 4 other members at the same time.
- Portrait/avatar & title not subject to removal due to inactivity. No matter how long you're absent from the forums, your account will remain intact for the full duration of your subscription.
- The ability to change your user name up to 5 times.
3. Chatroom Perks
- Start chatting immediately. You will be able to use the chatroom even if you don't meet the required minimum number of forum posts.
- Utilize all of the chatroom features. Gain access to the /giphy command, freely choose between chatroom display modes and show off with a chatroom status.
4. Direct Content Download
As an SPS account holder you will also gain direct access
to a number of exclusive download options.
Additionally, you will be able to download each of the files hosted at Sorcerer's Place without having to wait a few seconds for your download to be prepared. No more waiting in line!
5. Sorcerers.net E-mail Forwarder
As an SPS account holder you are entitled to a @sorcerers.net
e-mail forwarder. You are free to specify the name of the forwarder,
as well as the forwarding location.
6. Beta-testing New SP Features
As an SPS account holder you will have the opportunity to try out and provide feedback on the upcoming site or forum features before everyone else.
We are always looking to add even more value to
the SPS accounts, so we regularly keep improving the SPS features. Ready to sign-up? You can do it here!
How much does it cost?
A variety of subscription options are available.
Please see this page for the current prices.
Is it safe to send my credit card information
over the Internet?
We use PayPal to handle all the transactions.
All credit card transaction information is sent from your browser
to the PayPal servers that process the transaction via a securely
encrypted connection. We don't store your credit card information
on our servers; in fact, we do not keep credit card numbers on any
server in any file or database. PayPal is completely safe and used
by millions of people every day.
Is there a way to donate without using a credit
Yes. Please see this page
What is your refund policy?
Due to the nature of this service (voluntary donation), we do not offer
Can I cancel my subscription?
There is no formal cancellation process. If you
no longer want to use your SPS account, simply let it expire on
its own by choosing not to renew once you get the notice that your SPS account is about to expire. We do not automatically renew
If I get an SPS account, will the site be
Most likely, yes. The reason is the lack of ads.
However, there are many factors that determine how quickly a web
page loads, and not all of them are under our control. But we do
strive to keep our site as fast as possible for subscribers and
How do renewals work?
We will notify you when your subscription is about
to expire, and at that time you can decide whether you wish to renew
it. We will save your account information for 90 days after your
subscription lapses. We do not automatically renew subscriptions,
and no further charges will appear on your credit card.
Is my personal information kept secure &
Yes. We take great pains to protect your personal
information. We do not share your personal information with any
other parties whatsoever. That is our policy and our promise. We
take your privacy concerns very seriously, and we are committed
to protecting your personal information from all unauthorized access.
What happens when an SPS account expires?
If your account expires, you lose all of the SPS
benefits mentioned above, with the exception of your chosen avatar/portrait
+ title. You keep those for as long as you remain active on our
Sign up now!