1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)
olimikrig

Ancient Rock Wraith That was one long fight. Wasn't actually all that difficult, just so very long.

Ancient Rock Wraith That was one long fight. Wasn't actually all that difficult, just so very long.
olimikrig, Apr 17, 2011
    There are no comments to display.
  • Album:
    Dragon Age 2 - Solo Rogue, Nightmare (Spoilers!)
    Uploaded By:
    olimikrig
    Date:
    Apr 17, 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:
  • Pretty much the same tactics can be applied as if you're playing with a party. Must admit that I did take advantage of the bug where if you stand by the barrier at the entrance to the room it won't engage you unless you do a hostile action... Just a few times to catch a breather now and then :p.

As I wrote I pretty much did the same as I would have done if I were playing a ranged rogue in a party. Had stacked lightning resistance (87%) and just stood in the middle and shot at it, until it hit 90% and went to the middle. When the profanes spawned I ignored them and used the opportunity to lay some hurt on the Rock Wraith itself. Then when it reassembled I just kited it from pillar to pillar, taking out profanes on the go.

In phase three you pretty much just continue doing the same thing you did in phase two. Only thing to keep in mind is not to position yourself in such a way that the wraith can pop up underneath you. Also when it does its vortex, if you position yourself correctly next to a pillar, you can avoid being sucked in, but still continue shooting.

I used quite a few potions (maybe 15 or so;restoration and a few healing) and a handful of combustion bombs. The bombs aren't really necessary, but they do decent damage, and I just wanted the fight to be over with :p. I also used the mabari whenever it was ready, and it did an excellent job at keeping the Wraith occupied as long as it was alive.

That's it for act one, act two here I come!

Oh and if you're wondering why Varric is in the picture, when he wasn't in the other Deep Roads fights, it's because I had used the console to remove him from the party, but ran into some troubles - mainly the idol cut-scene not starting, and just added him back for this fight to be safe, and make sure I didn't mess my game up. He didn't do anything, I just stealthed at the beginning and let the wraith kill him.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.