1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)
olimikrig

Darkspawn Clearing (Herbalists Task) This battle deserves special mentioning.

Darkspawn Clearing (Herbalists Task) This battle deserves special mentioning.
olimikrig, Apr 16, 2011
    There are no comments to display.
  • Album:
    Dragon Age 2 - Solo Rogue, Nightmare (Spoilers!)
    Uploaded By:
    olimikrig
    Date:
    Apr 16, 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:
  • Normally it's hardly anything to write home about, but solo it's the toughest fight I've done so far (although I imagine the 'Night Lies' fight will be harder). The problem is not the Ogre in the picture, it's very easy to evade an Ogres attack. It's those damn Bolters! There are a lot of them, and they have a modest amount of hit points, and will tear you to pieces very quickly if you let them.

I was constantly on the run between the main area (the one where I'm standing in the picture), and down by the rocks at the beach, just waiting for my cooldown on stealth to run off. When it did, I'd quickly go down at the beach area and hide behind the rocks and get some health and stamina. Then I'd sneak up on one of the groups (they'd always either return to the spot where they spawned, or lump together in a big group in the main area) and open with a bursting arrow and then follow up with a combustion grenade (only do this if they're lumped together in a large enough pack to warrant the use of it), assassinate one of the Bolters, activate pinpoint strikes and take out another, then finish off the rest of the Darkspawn.

This may sound simple enough, but trust me, it's not! When you kill enough Darkspawn, then the next waves will spawn immediately, and stealth will probably still be on cooldown leaving you wide open. At this point, you do not have a lot of options available to you given the small size of the area. I found that the best I could do to mitigate the damage was simply to run right to the spawn point of one of the packs, so the other pack would have to cover a wider area to get to me, and soak it up, waiting for stealth to go off cooldown. Then rinse and repeat. Took me many reloads, and lots of cursing, to get this done. If there is a better way to do it, I just don't know it :p.

Edit: Night Lies was *not* harder. This is, imho, the hardest act one fight!
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.