1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cannot get to Cloakwood or Bandit Camp

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Knightheart, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Knightheart Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi, I am relatively new to this game and have both the Baldurs Gate and Swords Coast expansion. This is NOT the EE version, but the one that game in the 4 in 1 box set. I am ready to do the cloakwood quests, but they do not show up on my map. However, if I load the mission pack saved game, they appear on those maps. Why does it show up on the mission pack and not the game I started from square 1? Doesn't make any sense...please help. Thanks! Cannot play any further since I can't access those zones to get into Baldurs Gate city.

Knightheart

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    If you've successfully completed Nashkel Mines and picked all the clues, you should be able to follow up with Tranzig at the Feldepost's Inn in Beregost, which will consequently cause the Bandit Camp to show up on your map.

3. Knightheart Gems: 1/31

I have done all the quests so far that I am aware of. I will check out the NPC in Beregost just to be sure. Thanks!

I did miss Tranzig somehow, but completed that activity and now headed to the Bandit Camp. Do I need to finish the Bandit Camp quest before the Cloakwood zones appear on my map? Thanks again.

---

The Bandit Camp is now on my map, but I can't get inside. Still missing something in order to get this done and then get into Cloakwood areas which still are not on my map.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2015
  4. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    You have to be in one of the adjacent areas and get to the conjoining edge before you can travel to the Bandit Camp (e.g. northern edge of Peldvale), most likely.

5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    There's a bandit group in Peldvale (the area south of the bandit camp) and if you kill the leader, you should get the information you need to get to the bandit camp. Following Tranzig isn't even necessary for this.

After you've gone to the bandit camp and gotten past their leaders, there's a chest with some documents that'll give you a chapter transition. The Cloakwood mines should be available then.

6. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Access to certain areas of the game are chapter dependant. You are currently in chapter 3 if you have not defeated the bandits. Cloakwood opens up in chapter 4. BG in chapter 5.

7. Tuth Gems: 1/31

In order to begin Chapter 4, you need to pick up letters in Tazok's tent. That's when the Cloakwood areas become accessible. You don't need to meet with Tranzig, or any bandit groups, you can take the camp by force going there from Peldvale (northern edge exit).

Glad that people are still playing the original BG, the game is awesome as it was back then.

8. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Guys, I've found the head of the Department of Redundancy Department.

;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.