1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

This Cursed Life of Mine

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition' started by Keneth, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    IE games are pretty rife with cursed items and I'm a big fan of these oddities. So much so, that I'm incorporating them into my next mod.

Now, getting a list of all cursed items is easy, but I don't recall ever seeing an exhaustive list of all cursed items actually occurring within the game.

What I'm trying to do is assess the amount and availability of cursed items across a complete playthrough for the purposes of balance.

I won't be starting on the project for a few weeks still, and I'll do another full run through the game before I do, but chances are, I'll likely miss a thing or two.

If anyone's still playing BG:EE, and would be willing to help out a little, I'd appreciate it if you'd post your cursed item finds in this thread.

Just a simple "X item found at Y" is enough. It doesn't matter if it's the Claw of Kazgaroth or the Cursed Scroll of Ugliness, just as long as it's cursed.

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Skie and Eldoth -- my God it was as if someone cast a spell of 'kill them' on me every damned time they spoke.

Alora's voice was caused an inadvertent reaction to shut off the volume on my computer.

Oh ... and Safana caused the cursed 'eye roll' spell with nearly every utterance.

3. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ogre south of FAI has the girdle of masculinity/feminity.

I cursed the heck out of the weapon that helps slay the wolfweres that you get AFTER killing most of them.

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I suppose I could treat companions the same way as cursed items for evil players.

But, you know, I'm kinda sorta more interested in actual cursed items at this point. :p

One girdle of masculinity/femininity. Check. It's one of the first ones you come upon.

5. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    There's The vampire's revenge - you can get it from the ghost at ulcaster if you bring him the idol of kozah from the archeogical site, and the broken armor from firewine ruins.
    In the enhanced edition, you can also recruit baeloth, he wears a slave ring which is cursed and not removable, though it has a positive effect of giving him more spell slots.
    You can get the Cursed beserking sword if you save captain brage and bring him to the temple in nashkell, i don't think you get it if you decide to just kill him though.
    In durlag's tower you find Kiel's morningstar, which is also cursed and causes beserking.
    Also in durlags tower is durlag's goblet. (full heal but fear once you see an enemy)
    There's two rings of follly in the game, one on the shipwreck coast (near arcand the mad), and the other in the cloakwood, in chelob's lair.
    There's also the backbites spear which is cursed, i think you can find it on the druid that attacks you in the larswood in the enhanced edition, not sure though. :p
    In Totsc, on baduran's island you can find the bracers of binding.
    There's the iron thorn ring, you can find it twice in the enhanced edition, once in the cloacwood, on the cliffs to the south of the map in a ground item drop together with rashad's talon, the other one can be found somewhere in the bandit camp ( i think in one of the containers outside the huts)
    Basillius in the red canyons carries another pair of cursed gauntlets, the gauntlets of fumbling.
    In the enhanced edition during rasaad's storyline (in the cloudpeaks temple) you can find a cursed belt of giant strength called the big-fisted belt. (19 str as normal but sets int to 6)
    Finally there's the ossifier quarterstaff (casts barkskin on the target when you hit) at the discount store in east baldur's gate - the same merchant also sells a bunch of unidentified protection scrolls that are all cursed (stupidity/weakness/petrification)

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Thank you. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for these.

7. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ring of Folly along the Sword Coast. It is a quest item for the mad gnome?

Are the Hand and Claw of Kazgaroth cursed? I believe they are. They are bought in High Hedge.

8. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Yep, noted. Thank you.

9. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Durlag's goblet is pretty sweet since you can use it for a lot of healing with no problems if you wear Kiel's helmet which you find nicely in the same room (it gives you immunity to fear and panic).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
  10. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, i've used that method of healing before - problem is though that durlag's is probably the last thing i take care of before killing sarevok back in BG, and by the time i get the goblet + helm i usually already have a cleric running along for those heals, so I've never gotten much use out of it.

11. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Okay, so this is what I've been able to find:

Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity; Ogre in AR2800 (around X: 4500, Y: 1500).
    Elander's Gloves of Misplacement: Bassilus in Red Canyon (AR3700, around X: 4280, Y: 2850).
    Ring of Folly: Shipwreck in Shipwreck Coast (AR3100, around X: 860, Y: 1600).
    Two-Handed Sword of Berserking: Braga in Excavation Site (AR4100, around X: 3700, Y: 1900).
    Cursed Scroll of Weakness: Borda in Xvart Village (AR4700, around X: 600, Y: 1500).
    Cursed Scroll of Petrification: Borda in Xvart Village (AR4700, around X: 600, Y: 1500).
    Claw of Kazgaroth: Thalantyr in High Hedge (sold in store).
    Horn of Kazgaroth: Thalantyr in High Hedge (sold in store).
    Cursed Scroll of Summon Monster: House in Gullykin.
    The Vampire's Revenge: From Ulcaster in exchange for Idol of Kozah and Ancient Armor.
    Cursed Scroll of Ugliness: Ulcaster Ruins (room with oozes).
    Cursed Scroll of Foolishness: Ettercap in Spider Wood (AR3000, around X: 3500, Y: 600).
    Cursed Ring of Ironic Punishment: Baeloth's inventory (Larswood, not droppable).
    Backbiter: Osmadi in Larswood (AR2900, around X: 4550, Y: 800).
    The Iron Thorn: Tent in Bandit Camp (AR1900, around X: 2800, Y: 1070).
    The Iron Thorn: With Rashad's Talon in Cloakwood Nest (AR2100, around X: 3750, Y: 3100).
    Ring of Folly: Spider nest in Cloakwood Nest.
    Cursed Scroll of Weakness: Cloakwood Mines level 3 in one of the guard room chests.
    Cursed Scroll of Stupidity: Cloakwood Mines level 4 in the chests next to Mustard Jelly.
    Cursed Scroll of Stupidity: In a barrel in Baldur's Gate East (AR0800, around X: 800, Y: 1230).
    The Ossifier: Lucky Aello's Discount Store in Baldur's Gate East.
    Gold Digger: Lucky Aello's Discount Store in Baldur's Gate East.
    Cursed Scroll of Weakness [x2]: Lucky Aello's Discount Store in Baldur's Gate East.
    Cursed Scroll of Clumsiness [x3]: Lucky Aello's Discount Store in Baldur's Gate East.
    Cursed Scroll of Foolishness [x4]: Lucky Aello's Discount Store in Baldur's Gate East.
    Cursed Scroll of Ugliness [x4]: Lucky Aello's Discount Store in Baldur's Gate East.
    Cursed Scroll of Summon Monster [x3]: Lucky Aello's Discount Store in Baldur's Gate East.
    Cursed Scroll of Petrification [x4]: Lucky Aello's Discount Store in Baldur's Gate East.
    Cursed Scroll of Ailment [x3]: Lucky Aello's Discount Store in Baldur's Gate East.
    Cursed Scroll of Stupidity [x3]: Lucky Aello's Discount Store in Baldur's Gate East.
    The Jester's Folly: Mage in upper floor of Sorcerous Sundries in Baldru's Gate East.
    Cursed Scroll of Weakness: Lobar's chest on Low Lantern in Baldur's Gate Docks.
    Cursed Scroll of Foolishness: Chest behind Entar's estate in Baldur's Gate Northwest (AR0100, around X: 750, Y: 1700).
    Cursed Scroll of Clumsiness: Top of Ramazith's Tower in Baldur's Gate North.
    Cursed Scroll of Weakness: Oberan's Estate in Baldur's Gate Central.
    Cursed Scroll of Petrification: Duchal Palace in Baldur's Gate North.
    Cursed Scroll of Stupidity: Duchal Palace in Baldur's Gate North.
    Bracers of Binding: In Balduran's ship on the Isle of Balduran.
    Durlag's Goblet: Torture Chamber in Durlag's Labyrhinth Level II.
    Kiel's Morningstar: Kiel's Deathbed in Durlag's Labyrinth Level II.
    Helmet of Opposite Alignment: Demon Knight on the final level of Durlag's Tower.
    Big-Fisted Belt: Found in the Cloud Peaks temple during Rasaad's storyline.

Cursed Potion of Healing: 11
    Cursed Antidote: 8
    Cursed Oil of Speed: 8
    Cursed Potion of Invulnerability: 2

I don't list places for the potions and I'm not entirely confident in their numbers because they're not really cursed items per se, just temporary annoyances. Well, the scrolls aren't permanent curses either, but they're actually referred to as "cursed" in both name and description, whereas the potions might just be spoiled or something. At least I'm pretty sure none of the scrolls are permanent, though I haven't bothered to check each one. :D

The Horn of Kazgaroth isn't cursed either, but I included it for the sake of completeness.

If anyone knows of any other cursed items, I can add them to the list, but I was fairly thorough.

ConjurerDragon likes this.
  12. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Is Gold Digger really that cursed? You can remove it and the xtra damage is fine for 10 gp a pop :beer:

13. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Though not technically cursed, I still consider it as such because it has a clear drawback to using it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.