1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Donald

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by The Great Snook, Jul 21, 2015.

1. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I must admit, I am finding it fascinating what he has done since he has thrown his hat in the ring for the 2016 Presidential elections.

The left has this incredible love/hate relationship with him. They hate pretty much everything he says. However, it is obvious that he has been the GOP candidate that the media wants. This is not a good thing. The media is very leftist and typically they will try to focus on and support a GOP candidate which they do not believe can win the general election. McCain was a classic example. He thought everyone in the media was his friend throughout the primaries and then they abandoned him like he was a leper when it came time for the general election. Currently, I believe Trump is being set up as a "Patsy" for Hilliary to demolish. However, Trump is way to much of a wild card and I don't think anyone can count on him being "set up".

The right also seems to despise him. Whenever he speaks the rest of the candidates attack him. It is also almost universal on the right wing blogs (which I read) on how much they despise him and don't consider him a "true conservative". I have already been seeing the blogs using derogative terms for people that are supporting Trump.

The more he speaks the more he seems to climb in the polls. Personally, I don't think he has the staying power and has little shot of being the nomination. He is peaking way to early to win anything. However, I am looking forward to enjoying the ride.

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't even think Trump believes he'll win the nomination. :)

I also think he's climbing in the polls because people are tired of mealymouthed politicians, and they see Trump speaking his mind and sticking by what he says.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    From what I've seen most of his support comes from those amused by him. Which doesn't necessarily mean not agreeing with a lot of what he's saying, but you've got candidates you back "for the lulz" because you don't think that they've got a real chance of winning and there are your "serious" candidates that you get behind because you believe that they actually have a shot. But it's hardly Trump's fault that he's even being given any kind of consideration by anyone... is it?

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I would probably be terrified if Hillary won, both because my countrymen decided to vote for her and because I don't see her being a capable leader.

Good thing I'm not an American and couldn't care less about who's the POTUS.

5. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Then why post about it?

Though I won't be voting for Hilary ever.... I don't see a Rep taking back the lost minority votes from the Obama Elections. Which will mean another 4 years of a Dem running the country.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2015
  6. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    You can form (and express) an opinion without really caring about something.

Like, I think veganism is stupid, but I don't really care about whether or not someone is vegan.

Whether such an opinion is of any value to you, is completely up to you though.

Frankly, I don't really care about much of anything happening in the real world, aside from this damned weather and the prices of my necessities.

7. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Well you said in one sentence that Hilary terrifies you but in the next you state you care less?? That's not contradictory?

8. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I said I would be terrified, which was predicated on her victory and me being American. Neither of which is true, I was merely shifting my point of view for the sake of the argument.

9. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well I am a registered voted, independent but lean towards the Democrat Party and a women and I don't like Hilary. Would I vote for Trump? Very doubtful. I may end up voting for Snoopy.

Old One likes this.
  10. Blades of Vanatar

Snoop's a war vet. He'd have my vote if I saw him on the ballot.

Nakia likes this.
  11. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Mine too! Mom and pop were army and family was since the civil war that Mom had records for. Look what happens when a non veteran ass is elected!

The Great Snook likes this.
  12. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I was in the airport when a news report came on about Trump being ahead in the polls. One woman near stated, "That just goes to show you how stupid Republicans are."

I just nodded and said, "I keep hearing he's ahead in the polls, but I don't know a single Republican who says they will vote for him. I'm not sure who the polls takers are talking to."

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    That's probably even worse, isn't it?

14. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    2016 presidential ticket, Hilary vs Trump. I am just too old for this nonsense. I saw a news program on Fox (please don't yell at me) that J. Bush is holding at 12 %. Actually for once I thought the Fox commentators sounded pretty reasonable. Trump claims he can win the Black and Hispanic vote. I know a few fantasy games he might enjoy playing.

Blades of Vanatar likes this.
  15. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Are you saying that black and hispanic people are more likely to vote for some old white broad? :shake:

16. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Minorities in the US typically vote on the basis of less than two evils. Given Trump's remarks, they are likely to vote for that old white broad, not because they think she'll be their saviour, but because they simply don't want someone even worse in Trump. :shake:

Nakia likes this.
  17. Blades of Vanatar

Not the hair. That "do" cannot be the face of our country.

I remember a few years ago that I was playing golf at a country club course in Hopewell NJ. There was a foursome of old white rich guys who were loud mouthed, out of shape, combover a-holes. Trump reminds me of them so much.

18. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hell Beren, I usually vote for the less of two evils....

19. Nakia

Media:
    I have been voting a long time and it seems more and more I end up voting for the lesser of two evils. Unfortunately the lesser of two evils is still evil.

:) Considering my age that old white broad is still young but that doesn't help me make a decision. I simply do not consider her qualified to be the President of the United States of America.

Old One and The Great Snook like this.
  20. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I think most of the world would agree with you on that. Although some might view on that favorably.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.