1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Massive Chalice - Review @ Garbage File

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Oct 6, 2015.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]Garbage File checked out Massive Chalice and like the game, but feel something is missing as well.

The oddest but biggest problem I find with this game is the wasted potential. There could have been more maps, more classes and more customization. Not to say I didn't like the game, I don't waste 6 uninterrupted hours as a godly trophy for no good reason, but I kept thinking "I wish I could do X". I am not talking about complex thing here, there are always theoretical improvements to a game which in practice are not worth the thing, but little things like being able to make my own house. I want the "Defective Inspectors" to rule the realm, wielding Caber's like blood thirsty maniacs, I want to feel SHAME when one of my kin does something stupid and PRIDE when the final strike finishes the battle. I feel like there is a missing connection with my characters and it falls short. For me the 300 year war is the end goal and the death toll is simply a number of broken eggs in my quest to make the world's oldest omelette. In X-Com when my favourite mechanical unit "Talos" died I almost lost it, I didn't play the game for a week because I was THAT annoyed a lucky shot killed him. This request is constant however and has yet to be implemented which is a HUGE shame really...

It all comes down to what you wanted from the game, when I started playing I had no idea what to expect beyond a giant solid demitasse controlling bloodlines. While I got exactly that I felt like I needed more, like something is missing. What I must say it there I still hope, Massive Chalice has mainly been occupied with a behind the scenes video "Massive Knowledge" which has yet to be completed, I suspect once that is done we may get what we want, or at least Steam Workshop will open up...​

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2015
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.