1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ama's Lullaby - Development Update

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Oct 7, 2015.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]After a long time with no news at all here's this Ama's Lullaby forum-post:

After 8 months without any post here, I'd like to apologize for the lack of news. As you may suppose, we had some problems with the development of our game. The project was quite complex, with tactical combats, characters' health management... We have to admit that it was an awesome challenge for a small team. Even if we were really motivated, we had not enough free-time to work on Ama's Lullaby.

During some months (the whole team was dissolved), I had to step back and think about the project. Then, one nostalgic day I played the point & click game Blade Runner, and it reminded me why making an indie game was important to me. I had to go back to the essential, to focus on three important things: characters, scenario, atmosphere. We had to forget complex stuff, because we are just not experimented enough for that (and there is a long list of reasons to leave these ideas). I had to have more control on the development, to be able to make "un jeu d'auteur" (a "game d'auteur ? ", you know, like a film d'auteur, in French), with a more personal vision. I'm a 3D generalist artist and musician, but I didn't know anything about programming for games. So I spent all my free time to learn the basics of C#, and I'm sure that in the future it will help me to find the good balance between the needs of the gameplay & the programming abilities. This is the strength of author/indie games, you know, when the time and money budgets are very limited.

So, is there no future for Ama? No way! I wrote a prologue to the Ama's Lullaby story, and it is the opportunity to try an other approach. Maybe some of you will be disappointed, because the post-apocalyptic/survival side is absent in this prologue, you'll find "only" a 100% cyberpunk tone.

Today, the modeling process has already begun. Here is a spaceship that has an important place in the story.

More news to come in the future about the new gameplay and the story, stay tuned!​

More info about Ama's Lullaby game:
    FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/amaslullaby
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/AmasLullaby
    GOOGLE+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/104636617402265545261

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2015
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.