1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 120

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 4, 2015.

1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Good to hear from you Splunge. Just a reminder ... pictures of the sexy nurse outfit belong in the MUG. Once posted though, please remember "it's all right, sir, we don't morally Censure, we just want the money."

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I sometimes miss random people that I can't even remember well anymore.

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Well, I've just seen the TV adaptation of Childhood's End and I must say I was fairly impressed. Not by how good the adaptation is because it's obviously horrible. I've hardly ever seen a good book to screen adaptation and when they are, they're usually British. No, I think no one should have expected Syfy to deliver a pristine Arthur C. Clarke experience. That said, it was definitely above standard quality miniseries for Syfy and, if judged on its own merits, deserves a certain measure of praise.

I'm glad I wasn't dismayed by raging book-fans and people expecting a classic Hollywood hero-saves-the-day story because it's worth watching for any real sci-fi fan.

4. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I haven't read that book from Arthur C. Clarke, but then I haven't read many of his books at all. They tend to be a bit of a slog to get through.

I was myself quite surprised when I found that I liked the movie of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The books are quite fun, but the movie is funnier. Also Ford is actually likeable in the movie, but less so in the books.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone!

xosmi likes this.
  6. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Thank you, and likewise! :D

[​IMG]

7. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:

8. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    ....All that spare time. What to do....

9. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    [​IMG]

10. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Turns out that having babies is a good way to not have much spare time anymore.

11. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Sounds to be an expensive hobby

12. henkie

Media:
    More like a very long term hobby. I think cars tend to be a more expensive hobby. Even if they're not a hobby.

13. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    See you in a decade or two.

14. henkie

Media:
    It has occurred to me that the choice of having children can never really be a rational choice, given the length of time and amount of effort it costs to take care of one. Not that humans are even remotely rational, so that shouldn't be surprising, I suppose.

On the up side, games like Baldur's Gate and Jagged Alliance I know so well that it's no trouble to play them only half an hour here and an hour there.

15. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Nothing about having children is rational. It stems largely from the biological imperative to procreate, social pressure, and the vain desire to immortalize ourselves.

Very few people are actually prepared for what the task ultimately entails and everyone is worse off for it, including all the people who have to put up with their untrained mutts.

16. henkie

Media:
    Nothing about humans is rational.

And puppies and kittens are much easier, let me tell you. They are more or less able to handle themselves by three months, whereas a baby can't even sit by then.

17. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Cats maybe. Dogs are generally some of the most codependent pets you can find. They have to be trained properly and constantly taken care of. YMMV

Also, I was referring to kids, not actual dogs. Although most people can't even raise a dog right, much less a child.

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    How do I somehow manage to catch a debilitating cold pretty much every year at around the end of December? :almostmad:

19. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Must be all the partying you're doing :)

20. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Maybe you should look at the company you're keeping. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.