1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rebooting a Quest

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by T-Haucke, Nov 29, 2015.

1. T-Haucke Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hey! I recently went through Umar's Hills, picked up the swords and ale quest, but somehow took too long getting the boys their contraband. I'm looking for some way to reset the quest. I have shadowkeeper and clua enabled.

Thanks for help in advance :)

PS: Oh! I lost track of Nalia at one point and was wondering if there is a way to pop her using the console.

Again, TIA.

2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm pretty sure it is possible to do so by deleting some global variables and using createCreature to respawn the boys, but I do not know what variables or "creature" to spawn.

Do you have a save game from before you went to the Umar Hills? Use Shadowkeeper to compare what globals are in that game to the botched save you have. Most of the variables aren't that hard to figure out which ones will relate to the specific quest. Just delete the one relating to the boys.

I don't know how to get the specific NPC back, but I do know a way to respawn a generic Nalia, if you don't mind a "So long, and thanks for all the gear". It MIGHT be possible that one of these will spawn the correct Nalia to get the gear back.
    So, experiment with the following
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("NALIA8")
    NALIA10
    NALIA11
    NALIA13
    NALIA15
    NALIA18
    NALDEAD
    NALIN

One of them should probably spawn the Nalia you want, possibly with equipment intact. I'd say save the game, then try each one in turn.

I'm sorry I can't be of further help, I don't feel up to experimenting tonight as I've had a bad day. I can only point you in the right direction of how I'd go about finding the information you want, but don't feel up to doing the work.

To find the boys quest variable another way, it would help if I could remember their names. Open ShadowKeeper and open the "creature browser" by hitting the "CB" button.
    Find the name of the one who you speak to to get the quest.
    Look at what is written under "Resource" and "name". Remember it.

Now open Infinity Explorer and look at the Dialogs. Look for a dialog matching the resource that corresponds to the CRE file you find in Shadowkeeper.
    Look for what globals get set by that quest by exploring the dialog tree in Infinity Explorer.
    Then BACK UP YOUR SAVED GAME, go back to Shadowkeeper, and try deleting those globals from the saved game, then using CreateCreature and the resource name for the boys you wrote down earlier.

==
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life.

3. T-Haucke Gems: 1/31

Deleted "Dilbert" variables and that reset the quest :) Not having luck with Nalia- she always appears with her opening quest dialogue. Still can't find my Nalia... thought I sent her to the CC, but she doesn't show :/

4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Sorry, I thought spawning that would at least give you a new Nalia to recruit. I also thought the NALIA15 or NALIA18 would spawn Throne of Bhaal versions. Maybe somebody else knows, as I have no clue how to help you further on finding your MIA NPC.

5. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Media:
    Nalia could be in a few places - either waiting at the pallisades of the Dárnise keep if you havn't cleared it out yet, at the copper coronet if you told her to go there when kicking her out of the party, or at the same spot where you kicked her out of the party (if you told her to wait)

One possible cause for your missing Nalia is if you kicked her out at the temple ruins (without telling her to go to the copper coronet) if you do so before killing the shadow lord, then finish the quest you lose that NPC forever - after killing the shadow lord the map changes to the daylight version which is a completely new instance, any items or characters left behind in the darkness version of the map are lost forever.

Even though any Nalia you spawn in with the createcreature command dialog, you should still be able to have her join your party - the only problem being that all equipment your original Nalia was wearing is lost forever, as well as any experience/levels you might have gained on her.

Another method (if you did ditch Nalia at the nighttime temple ruins map) might be to use the CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR1404") command, AR1404 is the area code for the nighttime temple ruins, so you might still be able to access the area this way even after killing the shadow lord.

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Spawning a new Nalia would likely reset the local variables which are bound to the creature object, so that's not a particularly good way to go about it.

There might be a way to find her without blindly looking around, but probably not with ShadowKeeper.

If you open up your game in the latest Near Infinity, expand the Save folder, find your savegame, and click on the GAM file (as indicated by the red arrow below), you should see something similar to my image. I used BG:EE, but it should look more or less the same in vanilla ToB as well.

[​IMG]

Once you have the GAM open, find the NPC in the list indicated by the blue arrow. It should be something like *ALIA10 or the like. Double-click on her to open the object structure and you should get a window like the one shown below, indicating which area and position the NPC is located in.

[​IMG]

7. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I forgot about that facet of NearInfinity. It should work with the original. I confirm such things exist in the 5-CD Collector's Edition. Combine that with the earlier MoveToArea command to take the party to her.

8. Keneth Gems: 29/31

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    That's what us gurus are for. :p

9. T-Haucke Gems: 1/31

Never worked with Near Infinity before, so I'll take a crack at it. Thanks for the help :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.