1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Have I played too much BG over the years?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by SlickRCBD, Dec 1, 2015.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I was just musing on something. I've been having trouble with unemployment and accepted a temp job in a retail store for the holidays. I'm on my feet all day.

At the end of the day, my feet were killing me, and I somehow couldn't thinking in my head Safana's voice saying "My feet are very sore. Perhaps you can massage them?", several times in my last hour before heading home.

Is this a sign I've played too much Baldur's Gate over the years? I just checked and the odd thing is my last save game is dated late 2012. I haven't played BG1 in 3 years. Safana was in the party.

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Nah, you're just going slowly insane. :p

3. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I am a bit depressed, especially when I look at my bank statement with the holidays coming up. This part-time job isn't going to cut it, but it's better than nothing.
    I may have burned a bridge with Robert Half about two weeks ago. They called me about a position, but asked me to first send my "updated resume" even though I'd already sent it. Then he said that I must have sent an old one, this one says I haven't worked since June. When I said I've been unemployed and looking and really wanted the job, he said "We're only looking for candidates with recent experience.
    Do you happen to know of any candidates with more recent experience?"

I kinda went off on him saying "I have experience, I've well qualified for this job, borderline overqualified, you can see I've been unemployed in a bad economy and I really need a job and you have the gall to ask me to suggest somebody else because I have been unemployed too long?"
    He got mad back at me, said I had an attitude problem and hung up.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Heh. What an a-hole.

But sometimes you have to play nice with a-holes to get what you want. Probably should have been more politic, saying you're sure you could outperform expectations in the position if they would just give you the opportunity to show them.

5. Tuth Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Answering the initial question, no you haven't played too much Baldur's Gate over the years. I'm still playing it, so there you go. Simply, there are many memorable quotes in the game that I'm also sometimes using.

Sad to hear about your job problems, keep trying though.

6. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

There is no such thing as too much Baldurs Gate :)

Though i'm waiting until Siege of Dragonspear and all the appropriate mods for EE to come out before going back to it.

7. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I'm still using the 5-cd version that came without Tales of the Sword Coast.

8. Tuth Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

High five then, I'm using the 5-CD version as well. Works as good as it used to back then. I used to play with mods a lot some years ago, but got tired of it and went for full nostalgia trip to the Vanilla Baldur's Gate. Now I don't need any mods, the game is fine as it is in my opinion. I absolutely love the attention to detail in BG1. There are so many interesting dialogues with random people.

9. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I couldn't play without ease-of-use and Baldurdash, but I consider that close enough to call it Vanilla. Throw in early NPCs and you have my install.
    I'm not even sure if I'm using the G3 successors to the first two or not.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.