1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Hello (Again) Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Montana Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Howdy ya'll, most of the time I can make a joke about being older than everyone much older, but Bill and I are the same. I more about playing great game then any particular genere. Just found you guys on my first play through of Dragon Aged Origins.

Thanks to David Milward for his guides.

Bill Griffin and Taluntain like this.
  2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  3. Bill Griffin Gems: 1/31

:) From one old feller to another. lol We still remember the days of pencil and paper dungeon grinding. :p Good to meet ya Montana.

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    What do you mean "still remember"? Some of us still do that. :geezer:

5. Bill Griffin Gems: 1/31

........... :( Sadly .............. I have not. Good to hear the old pencil and paper are still alive and kicking though, Won't be long before no one knows what that is lol.

6. Bladezuez

Bladezuez I'm normal in my mind; everyone else is crazy! Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    very true.... I still do the old pencil and paper thing when I can... but it has been a while since I have found people to play with that remember how to do it that way.

Bill Griffin likes this.
  7. Bill Griffin Gems: 1/31

I know .... O.O I'd love to have an old fashioned game of D&D but ............ everyone of my friends are too old lol. ............. Well ok ....... so am I but ... I don't care. :p

8. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    You can't be too old for D&D. You can be too young for D&D, but there's no such thing as to old for D&D. :skeptic:

And P&P isn't going anywhere. If anything, it's more popular than it's ever been...

Bill Griffin likes this.
  9. Bill Griffin Gems: 1/31

Lol, Tell that to my friends. :p ............. I am 53 by the by.

Most young people can't remove their heads from their phones or computers nowadays.

10. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    That's why you make a compromise and use a virtual tabletop (VTT), like we do most of the time. Seems to solve many issues of both demographics. :)

Bill Griffin likes this.
  11. Bill Griffin Gems: 1/31

I didn't know about this. I had seen an online game that you can join to play but hadn't seen this.
    Which is the best in your opinion?

12. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    My groups use Maptool, simply because I'm most comfortable running games in it, but other VTTs may be more user friendly depending on your needs.

Bill Griffin likes this.
  13. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Welcome, Montana, but I doubt you are the oldest person here. :). I claim that honor for myself and have since I joined. It is good to know there are some older folk

14. Shadowcran Gems: 1/31

Hello. I'm recently "re enthused" about playing D&D based games and feel, since it's been so long, that I'm almost brand new with it.

15. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Welcome aboard! :)

16. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Welcome to Sorcerer's Place, the site where everything's made up and the posts don't matter. :shake:

17. Murk Gems: 1/31

Hi Everyone,

I have had Baldurs Gate II and Throne of Bhaal in all the computers I owned (or had access..). I also played NWN and Icewindale saga but althought they are real piece of art, I still like way more BG2 saga. And after many years, while there have been real good games (Dragon Age, ME1, ME2, ME3), etc, I still feel BG2 has something that have not been repeated, despite technically from a graphic point of view new games are far better. I also loved strategic games like Warhammer Dark Omen, Mark of Chaos, Praetorians, Total War, etc. but there are not many of that kind these days.

Having said so, I played with the idea of creating a new game that joined the RPG with a bit of RTS (Real Time Strategy), initially it was sort of a hobby, but now this is getting serious, wrote the first book of a trilogy that I sent for copy - editing to a professional editor, initial plan is to have it copy-edited by June 2016. After that I might release it as eBook or send it for proofediting first, which could add 1-2 months. In the mean time I am programming the videogame, doing some minor 3D modelling and design, although the good designs I get them from other good artists. My idea is to create some decently good in graphics for a beta version, and then release it for crowdfunding and depending on what we get we will improve the game more or less. My main concern here was to create a compelling history and realistic game rules (maths really...), which I think I managed to achieve. I create memorable characters for my book / game. They were born together and matured together. Once I created the first few levels of the game with the initial story, the book wrote by itself.

I just got my website up and running this week, legendsofeternalia.com, I had nearly cero website programming skills (I use normally C# in Unity), so for the moment that is what I got. In the coming weeks I expect to release some real game plays of real game levels, so if you could take the time to comment it, give me your suggestions, ideas, anything, I would love it to hear. The game is done for people who loved Baldurs Gate, and while I know it is impossible to even get closer to such magnificient piece of art, I still feel like doing something on a hobby that I have had for decades. During my years at high school / university I used to play pen/paper rol games as well as boargames with friends (Lords of Rings when it was unknown to almost everyone, MechWarrior, Battletech, RuneQuest, Mutants, StarWars, RoleMaster, Warhammer fantasy, AD&D, etc)...

For the last months and I expect the following 2-3 years I know I will be very busy dedicating my life to my family, my real work, and this project. However I must say I am enjoying it much more than game playing as I had been doing that for many many years, I am working on this project with two others it is just too much fun! So it is not hard, actually I get earlier before going to work to do something on my projects or stay a bit later, but again, my life has not changed much, I just turned my time of playing games and boardgames for creating for other people.

I can not publish posts on the section of new games as I am new, once I get the right, I will publish there news.

Please feel free to visit our website, facebook (Legends of Eternalia), or youtube for updates on mi video, and overall feel free more than welcome to share your thoughts and ideas with us. We really like opinions and critics.

Ps. Remember: "You must gather your party before venturing forth!".

Best Regards,
    Murk

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Actually, you can post everywhere, what made you think that you can't?

19. Murk Gems: 1/31

Hi Taluntain, I was not sure I could do it. Thanks for letting me know it. I will post on the right section next time (New games and so on).

BTW, great website, the very best games ever and its followers are here! :)

Thanks,
    Murk

Taluntain likes this.
  20. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    You're damn right we are. :p

Murk likes this.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.