1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What game are you playing right now? #3

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Splunge, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Been playing Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns since release. Every day, all day. :bigeyes:

JamesGoblin likes this.
  2. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sunk my teeth into X-COm Enemy Withing- Long War Mod.
    The last weeks were a roller coaster of frustration and elation.
    The mod deserves all the Love/hate it gets- lol

JamesGoblin likes this.
  3. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Long War is an amazing mod. Jake Solomon, the Creative Director of XCOM calls Enemy Within a 20 hour tutorial for Long War. That's high praise.

JamesGoblin likes this.
  4. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Grim Dawn. It's an early access Steam game, and I recommend it for anyone who loves a good hack-and-slash/character bulding ARPG on the vein of D2 (not D3) and Titan Quest. Impressive game overall considering how there were only 8 guys working on it at the start.

Pros:
    -EXTREMELY robust, complex and customizable skill/gear/progression system. THIS is how I wanted D3's game mechanics to be, not the oversimplified template/gear system it currently has atm. You can make practically any archetype work with the right combination of classes, skills and gear.
    -Good aesthetic.
    -Decent storyline/good lore.
    -Lots of stuff kill.
    -Good replayability (addictive, even).
    -Devs that like to listen to players and are constantly working on the game.

Cons:
    -Very little voiced content, no cinematics (because of early access, this stuff TBA last)
    -Game choices matter game mechanics-wise but don't seem to make much of an impact story-wise (hinted TBA last though)
    -Graphics are meh. This is definitely no Square-Enix game.
    -Complexity can be overwhelming.
    -Freedom to create just about any archetype=more chances of ending up with a bad build, mostly relevant for casters and summoner-types. You can respec, though.
    -Up until lately, dev progress has been slow.

JamesGoblin likes this.
  5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Played The Talos Principle and its expansion Road to Gehenna. A fun puzzle game in the same vein as the Portal games with an interesting underlying story and philosophical bent.

JamesGoblin likes this.
  6. JamesGoblin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Nothing actually, plan to check Undertale, maybe Pathologic 2 or even splatoon!?! - I'm basically waiting for couple 2017 (or beyond, god forbid) releases.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I just finished Machinarium. It's a lovely little game, had a ton of fun playing it. I bought it because I loved the art, but there really isn't much not to like about it. Except the fact that it's made in Flash and not resizable to filled full screen on modern monitors and that you need to be careful about deleting any Flash cache as that also wipes your save games (learned that the hard way -- luckily there's a level skip console available).

JamesGoblin likes this.
  8. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Why would you want to clear your Flash cache?

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Running anything like Glary Utilities or CCleaner does it for you without warning.

JamesGoblin likes this.
  10. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Ah, you're one of those people. :p

JamesGoblin likes this.
  11. JamesGoblin Gems: 1/31

Sorry, I am new here. Can you please help me find the "lol" button?

12. Taluntain

Media:
    I never use either, I just installed them years ago. But after being nagged for years to update the ancient version of Glary I had installed I did it yesterday and ran its "1-click" thing while I was at it. It removed nearly 4 gigs of unnecessary crap from my HD, but the Machinarium saves were also among them. :facepalm:

Not sure if you're serious but there's no "lol" button apart from the smilies, which appropriately enough, have a smiley icon in the editor on top of the text entry field. :shake:

13. JamesGoblin Gems: 1/31

Ah, sorry if I made it look like a serious question. Sometimes it's indeed hard to tell what's what on the interwebz =)

14. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    "Unnecessary" has a very broad definition. One of your kidneys is unnecessary, but you don't necessarily want it removed.

Never do any 1-click things on your computer. That's probably how those 4 gigs of unnecessary crap got there in the first place. :shake:

JamesGoblin likes this.
  15. Taluntain

Media:
    Yea, it was supposed to be only temp files and leftover crap, it never occurred to me that save games could be kept in cache and consequently wiped. I did look over what that 1-click cleanup was supposed to do but I couldn't have known about this game's specifics in advance.

JamesGoblin likes this.
  16. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I don't know how browsers handle it nowadays, but a few years back flash cache from the browser would accumulate because it was essentially never deleted. There were manual options and plug-ins to manage it, but I can understand that a clean up program would remove the flash cache.

JamesGoblin likes this.
  17. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I've finally decided to take the time and get BioShock in working order on my Win7. Took some effort, but I managed to get the crashes, sound issues, and mouse movement under control.

That said, while I can appreciate why some people would like it as much as they do, I can't say I've found my experience to be particularly enjoyable so far.

JamesGoblin likes this.
  18. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Bioshock is a great game, it taught me to look carefully on the box whether or not a game requires authentication servers when installing or playing. Thankfully, GoG took care of that problem for me. I vaguely wonder if my disc would even allow me to install the game, without authentication servers anymore.

That aside, I thought the atmosphere was quite well done. Gameplay is fine, if not very inspired. The plot twist is quite well done, I suppose. The moral choice is unclear at first and rather silly. The ending is pretty stupid.

JamesGoblin likes this.
  19. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    IWD:EE on my iPad. A few gameplay problems but not enough to detract from the play. Archers are seriously overpowered in IWD. My kensai/mage was unbelievable with ironskins, imp. haste, and Tensor's Transformation. Monks are fun, they need to be protected but by the endgame ... whoa. I also had fun with a shapeshifter -- hang back, cast spells and then BOOM! Melee animal (literally).

JamesGoblin likes this.
  20. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yup, archers are pretty damn good to have around, especially early on. There's a good reason why i load up my entire party with bows when starting a HoF game :)

JamesGoblin likes this.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.