1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Changing NPC alignment

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Sevanhya, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Sevanhya Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I have Korgan in my party, and am hoping to change his alignment, but it is not happening. He is still Chaotic Evil, and with any other quests I do, my reputation will go up to 18, and I am afraid he will bolt. He is a solid NPC, and I really want to drag him into ToB.

Right now my Party is myself C/G, Kheldorn, Jaehera, Aerie, Jan, and the grumpy dwarf

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    If this were BG1, I'd recommend a Helmet of Opposite Alignment, but I don't think you can get one in BG2. You might have to cheat or be more of an asshole.

3. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Don't they still have a tweak pack in which you can disable the thing where an NPC might leave your party if your reputation is too high or low?

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Yeah. It's also easy to do by hand. I consider that a cheat though.

5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I consider it convenience. Like infinite arrow stacks.

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    A convenient cheat. :p

7. Sevanhya Gems: 3/31

I thought it was something done in the game itself with the enhanced edition. I don't use any cheats. I tried to enable one, but the downloading from Gog.com, I can't figure out how to do it.

I was really hoping to give Korgan the Axe of the Unyielding. I think he would rock with that and Crom Feyr on his off hand.

8. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    The tweaks anthology mod has a component that removes the reputation based conflicts that make party members leave the group, it'd be the easiest to just install that and be done with it IMHO, cheat or no cheat :rolleyes:

9. Sevanhya Gems: 3/31

Okay, if that is so, how do I go about doing that tweaks anthology? I thought it came with the enhanced edition

10. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

The only real alignment changes are Sarevok and Viconia in TOB

11. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  12. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yep, no alignment change for Korgan. Though he does mellow a lot if you put him in a party with the right NPCs.

Nothing particularly life-changing happens to Korgan. Sarevok loses everything, dies and fights/crawls his way back from the dead. Viconia barely escapes with her life, and now has to live in constant fear of being discovered/killed in the surface world (where she also gets raped/beaten almost to death/buried alive).

In any case Korgan (offhandedly, but sincerely) admits in a conversation with Mazzy that he was already too old and stubborn to change.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  13. Sevanhya Gems: 3/31

I decided to go with Mazzy over Korgan anyways. As soon as I got her I started giving her an axe prof. Now she dual wields Axe of the Unyielding and Crom Feyr. She rocks. I like having her more than Minsc. Better DPS, and an overall better character.

14. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Oh no you didn't!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.