1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Respawn Saemon Havarian to get to Sahuagin quest

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by fdelente, Aug 19, 2016.

1. fdelente Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello,

Having explored Spellhold, I met Havarian on my way out and he told me he could get me back home. I said no, and headed for the Underdark. Now I regret my choice and would like to get him back to have him take me home :^) I have a save just before having told him no, how can I spawn him back to tell him yes? Thanks for any hint!

2. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Well, looks like your best bet is to reload to the save before you told him and activate the quest that way. I suppose you could try respawning him in the console, but I suspect that would seriously screw your game out of order.

3. fdelente Gems: 1/31

Sorry, I made a mistake, my save is just *after* telling him no... Seems I'm screwed then :^(

4. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Hmm, maybe you can manipulate the Globals so the game thinks you said yes to Saemon, or maybe you can force-teleport to Sahuagin... this is beyond my realm of expertise, but maybe somebody else can help (Keneth?)

5. fdelente Gems: 1/31

I searched on the net the values to give to the variables (asylumplot? another one?) but found nothing... I can spawn Saemon himself (ppsaemo2) but he doesn't want to talk to me anymore :^(

I think I'll skip the Sahuagin city, and I'll cheat in the items (boo !!) if I read somewhere on the net that they are really good.

Thanks for the answers anyway! :^)

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'll check the game files and let you know. It shouldn't be too hard to reverse it.

--

Alright, the following is from enhanced edition, but I don't think they've made any changes. Use in the order listed below.

CLUAConsole: SetGlobal("TakeSaemonRoute", "GLOBAL", 0);
    CLUAConsole: SetGlobal("AsylumPlot", "GLOBAL", 55);
    CLUAConsole: CreateCreature("PPSAEM2");

That should do it. The journal entries might be slightly messed up afterwards, but you should be able to start Saemon's route.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2016
  7. fdelente Gems: 1/31

Thanks very much, I'll try this asap :^)

8. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    So...? What happened? Enquiring minds want to know.

fdelente likes this.
  9. fdelente Gems: 1/31

Sorry, I was on holidays :^)

It worked perfectly, thanks! I finished all this and the Underdark, and I'm on my way to Bodhi! :^)

10. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Good to know. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.