1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

nss script compiling

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by henkie, Sep 8, 2016.

1. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Not really a question about Neverwinter Nights itself, but rather a question about the modding tools for NWN.

I was recently playing through Jade Empire again, and I installed some mods to add some extra fighting styles that are not normally available in the game, like the swords from Death's Hand, the monkey paw style, the saber and the double hammers. Then I modded the xp table to get to higher levels to get more skill points to be able to use these extra styles.

So I played through the game with those extra styles, had to restart because it appeared the modded xp table gave me a too high level or something, causing overflow for the recruitable NPCs, which all dropped dead after the monastry. Then had to restart again because the princess's romance is apparently very easy to upset for a female NPC (and I'd already had a Sky romance on the previous run).

After I finally finished the game and started to muck about with Jade Master (new game+, extra hard mode), I realised that I'd never actually gotten any of the closed fist specific styles. So I looked into the mod that I'd found to give me the extra styles, and figured I could easily change that to give myself the other styles as well.

Except that I'm having some trouble finding a good tutorial on using the NWN script compilers to compile the nss file into a ncs. I've found the old (and apparently defunct) nwnnsscomp, and a newer NWNScriptCompiler, but am unsure as to which command line options to use in order to be able to compile the nss file for Jade Empire.

The original mod for adding the extra styles changed a specific script that gave players of the SE the rhino demon style, see below
    Code:
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    // Description:
    //---------------------------------------------------
    // History :
    //
    //---------------------------------------------------
    //Created By: daniel zahn
    //Created On: 10/10/2006

// ==== Start: Include Scripts ======================
    #include "j00_i_plot"
    // ==== End:   Include Scripts ======================

// ==== Start: Custom Functions =====================
    // ***** CUSTOM FUNCTION MARKER - DO NOT MODIFY *****

// ==== End  : Custom Functions =====================

void main()
    {
        // ==== Start: Wizard script ====================

// ==== End: Wizard script ====================

// ==== Start: Custom script ====================
        // ***** CUSTOM SCRIPT MARKER - DO NOT MODIFY *****

// LTI

int nItem = GetItemAquired();
        object oSelf = OBJECT_SELF;
        if (GetIsObjectValid(oSelf) == FALSE)
        {
            return; // quick exit if no one acquired the item
        }

// You bought the game online! Enjoy Rhino Style.
        DelayCommand(3.0, RewardStyle(105));
        DelayCommand(3.0, RewardStyle(22));
        DelayCommand(3.0, RewardStyle(46));
        DelayCommand(3.0, RewardStyle(48));
        DelayCommand(3.0, RewardStyle(82));

// ==== End  : Custom script ====================

}

The RewardStyle(105) gives the Rhino demon style (as defined in the stylesuperlist.2da), the other four give the otherwise unobtainable styles.

I figure that by adding a few extra lines, I can finally get all the styles:

Code:
        DelayCommand(3.0, RewardStyle(6));
        DelayCommand(3.0, RewardStyle(18));
        DelayCommand(3.0, RewardStyle(62));
    Can anyone help me find the correct way to call the scripts to compile this small script? (Or point me to a few examples of command line calls.)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.