1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

An odd problem

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by omnigodly, Dec 25, 2005.

1. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Yeslick my favorite multiclassed NPC with more HP than even my own fighter PC... has gone berserker. He non-stop leaves/rejoins the party. As soon as I hit 'okay' to his leaving, he talks to whoever he's next to again and asks to join, then as soon as I go with any option, he speaks again. Anyway to solve this problem? 'cause it's really annoying and turning off AI doesn't fix it. I'm near just ctrl+y him and continuing without him :( .

2. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Maybe there is an quest you need to do for him, don't know for sure, never had him in party.

3. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

No way to shut him up with Console?

4. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The only Yeslick bug I know of is when you try to leave the mines after talking to him. You can never get him to join you then, or if he is in your party he leaves and you can't get him back.

Did this problem begin in the mines or later?

5. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

Much later.

6. Aces Gems: 19/31

You could try taking away all his items, killing him (or let him leave) then CALC in a new Yeslick and have him join up. I don't know the code off hand to do that but I'm sure someone does.

I had no problems with him in my game but I had zero mods installed other than the XP cap remover.

7. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

I've managed without him now, I did kill him, just for being that annoying though.

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Sounds like a severe bug to me. I'd try a patch, and failing that I'd do a re-install. This is not normal behaviour for Yeslick, no matter what the circumstances.

9. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

Yea well, I'm FAR too lazy to do any of that... so I just ctrl+Y him and moved on. Only problem I'm having now is waking up the one dwarven spirit in Durlag's Tower, (I have 2 pieces to that mallet and turned on some engine, but I've no idea what I'm supposed to do now to wake him up).

10. Aces Gems: 19/31

Spoils!!!!

Hit the gong with the mallet after putting the mallet together with the anvil.

Did you find the grapes and get the wine?
    Did you find the Beljuril gem?
    Did you get the sword to respond?

Get ready for a fierce fight! :eek:

11. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

I gotta find the anvil I guess, no clue where it is, but I know I had to hit the gong. I've already talked to all the others, (the fourth one wants me to wait to wake up the one guy first).

Thanks a ton guys.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.