1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best day of your life?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by SleepleSS, Mar 16, 2004.

1. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Only this, one question I ask: If today is the best day of your life, then what can tomorow bring you?

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

A better day, because the future doesn't exist yet. You may have had the best day of your life, but only so far. You can't count the non-existant future into that.

3. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Tomorrow can bring you another day...whether it's better or worse is irrelevant. :whoa:

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Who cares? Today is the best day of my life. :roll:

(Not really, just a regular one)

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Well, it looks like this:

The past *was*, the future *will be*, therefore only present *is*.

Quite witty, but quite empty. After all, the past, the present and the future are concepts. So, there's also the "has been" dimension of present perfect tense. For example. Some day in the past therefore might well be the best day in your life - so far.

Plus, the state of being future isn't really equal to non-existence. What if the future is predetermined? I don't believe it is, but some people do. I believe it's possible to know future beforehand. What then? If you knew how all your days will be until your last day, wouldn't you be able to determine the best one? Either the present day, or a past one, or a future one?

Oh well, but enough of those dark musings. I can't tell which day of my life has been the best one so far.

6. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I don't believe time exists, don't really have an argument why unfortunatly. I'm sure there is a theory kicking around on the lunatic fringe somewhere :p

7. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Time does exist because *WE* Created it but days are made by mother nature, though it was us people calling it days.

So it's the best day of your live and tomorow's gonna be even better!

8. Malovae Gems: 18/31

You could explain time as being a symptom of a humans need to explain why they have memory and know they will have more. I will lose this argument because I'm most likelty wrong, but what the hell ;)

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    You could argue that time belongs to perception, but the feeling of things happening or having happened is natural and is a reflection of some reality. Or, well, simply, it was and it is no more. It is quite hard to say what exactly it is what we call time, but we have not created it. At least not the part or aspect of reality it constitutes. We, however, have created the conspect which describes it.

10. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

tommorrow could end up being the best day of your life, and today would end up being the second, you never know what will happen tomorrow..(unless your seceretly able to tell the future and your hiding it from us here at sp ;) )

11. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

The opportunity to give someone else the best day of their life.

12. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Nothing. Seriously. I haven't really had a good day as such for quite a while.

13. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Well that's what I was trying to say: Time as in 24 hours a day 60 minutes an hour that is something made up by men to find some structure in the movement of mother earth...

I don't want to look in the future I'm afraid it will suck big time...

14. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

Time exists only in our perception of it. If everyone in the world suddenly forgot everything that happened before last Tuesday, and we had no records of anything before last Tuesday, then who is to say that there WAS anything before last Tuesday?

1984 philosophy.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.