1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Boards o' Magick item pack version 2.1

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by olimikrig, Nov 26, 2007.

1. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The long overdue Boards o' Magick item pack version 2.1 is finally released, and hopefully the last bugs are now killed.

The mod now work with the Enhanced Edition.

We don't plan on adding any more content, so this should be considered the final version (though hotfixes will be applied if needed).

You can check out the ReadMe here:

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/bomip-docs/index.html

The mod is available for download here:

http://www.sorcerers.net/community/index.php?resources/boards-o-magick-item-pack.85/

If yo should experience any kind of bugs when using this mod, please contact me and I'll look into it ASAP.

Have fun!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    First link gives this...

This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota

Please contact this site's webmaster.

3. Sikret Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

@olimikrig

Congratulations for the new release.

BTW, The link works for me.

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ah, yes, it's working now. God knows what was up the first time.

5. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I know, and I've contacted Tal about this, and we're working on a solution.

6. olimikrig

Media:
    The readme has been moved to another location so you should no longer encounter this problem. Check the initial post for the new link.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Awesome to see this again! Am downloading now and will have a play later on :D

Have had a play around, is looking good! Items are powerful, but not over the top, and cost accordingly. I haven't encountered any scripting errors, though the odd typo has crept in here or there (have only had one or two jump out at me, one being in Aikanaros' item, can't remember the others offhand, could look again I suppose :xx:)

Overall it's been fun cutting through the hordes of hostile forces with items from other members. Reminds me of the good old battles in the chat room where we'd frequently steal one anothers weapons and run off with them :D

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  8. olimikrig

Media:
    I'd very much appreciate if you reported any form of typo, scripting error or whatever you might encounter :).

That's what I thought when I first came up with the idea :D.

9. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    An update? Good good. I shall remember to update before starting another run of this game (whenever that may be).

10. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

No Pithril armor yet? ;)

11. olimikrig

Media:
    Lol no, unfortunately there's no pithril armour. Although I did actually happen to stumble upon the old Pink Dragon Disciples of the World Unite! thread earlier today and was struck by a severe case of nostalgia; and I must admit the thought of adding some 20 more items, including some of the legendary pithril items, pushing the total amount to 100, struck me briefly :p.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2007
  12. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Hello, and congratulations for the new version of the mod. (even though I do not have an item of named after me, ah well...) I have the previous version installed right now, and have visited Tal once in my current game. Say, if I uninstall my current and install the new version, will it work without problems?

Also, about typos and mistakes...Quarterstaff+3 Calm to the Chaos, this is one awesome weapon for my wild mage! However, item history is wrong, IMHO, as it says it is granted to master of Enchantment school, whereas it is pretty obvious that this staff is intended for wild mages and wild mages only! (alas, my wild mage can wield it!) I wonder if this bug fixed in new version? I have checked the new read me and it is stated wrongly even in there!

Also, icicles throwing dagger do not expend in my game, and they have a base attack rate of 4/round which is overkill, considering the damage capability of these babies, if I cast STR and Imp. Haste I can way laste to any enemy doing crazy amounts of damage with this weapon (with 8 attacks/round for a mage!) Readme says its non-expending bug is fixed though, what about attack rate?

13. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    You should go for it!

Complete with Pithril Plate granting a Charisma bonus due to 'cuteness'. :rolleyes:

14. olimikrig

Media:
    Thanks!

I think you should be able to just install over the old one, at least I havne't encountered any bugs doing so.

Arh you are correct. That staff is supposed to be usable by Wild mages and have a wrong description attached to it.

Oh, it looks like it adds a cumulative attack/round modifier instead of a flat one (all throwing daggers in the game adds a flat value modifier to your number of attacks per round), and it wrongly uses str bonus as well.

I can have both items fixed by tomorrow, I reckon. Have guests coming over tonight so can't be today.

Actually, the 'original' Pithril armour added an aura of ugliness that negated the dreaded aura of cuteness :p.

15. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Well done, Oli! :thumb:

16. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

The readme that pops up for the mod says version 1.3, I'm assuming that's because the readme hasn't been replaced, and the download link is actually 2.0?

I'm about to start another run through, just want to make sure :).

17. olimikrig

Media:
    woops, might accidentally have bundled the wrong readme with the mod :p.

Rest assured though, it is version 2.0 that is online. Gonna mail a minor update to Tal one of the days.

18. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Quick question: I have been to the Promenade, if I install afterwards, will it get screwed up? I know that that usually happens, but I was just wondering.

19. olimikrig

Media:
    It might. I wouldn't recommend it, but you can try if you really want to.

20. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Won't CLUAConsoling Bion into game always work?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.