1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jumping On The Bandwagon

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Splunge, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] In light of all the newbie game experience threads springing up, I thought I’d start one of my own.

Of course, this isn’t quite the same thing, since I’m a newbie to neither BG2 nor to SP, so I thought I’d make it specific to a mod. In particular, I was going to install Game-Be-Gone, and share what I’m sure will be a glorious, thrilling and extensive adventure with everyone over however many months it takes me to finish.

Anyone interested?

:p

2. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Sounds good to me. Some suggested thread titles:

1) My 847th run through BG2: Oldbie Thoughts
    2) How many characters can I roll up before I finally exit Irenicus' Dungeon with one: Renewbie Thoughts
    3) What y'say aboot BG2 then, eh?: Newfie Thoughts

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sounds intresting but should be clearly marked spoilers.

4. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

Oh man, that cracked me up. Nice one! :D

5. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

Maybe all those "newbie" stories should be in "Creativity Surge" instead?

Moderator?

6. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Is saying "moderator" in bold a sort of incantation/ summoning ritual, then?

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Could be in either, really, but they're still more appropriate in the game forums considering people here aren't really trying to write stories, just give accounts of their playing through the game.

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, I’ve done it.

I created a human beastmaster, and for all you people out there who say beastmasters suck, well, you don’t know what the heck you’re talking about, as you are about to see.

In addition to Game-Be-Gone, I have Tactics and Ascension installed, and I’m playing on Insane difficulty.

Anyway, one of the apparent features of the Game-Be-Gone mod is that it assesses the ability of each player and eliminates those battles that it knows will not present a challenge to that particular player. I’m not sure how the mod does this, since this apparent feature isn’t documented; perhaps it establishes a telepathic link between the computer and the player, and makes its assessment based on that link. Whatever.

OK, enough background. As I said, the game decided that most battles I would otherwise face were too trivial for someone of my immense skill, and so when the game started, I came face-to-face with none other than Demogorgon. Although I was unequipped, he was nonetheless no match for my cunning talents, and he fell easily.

This is where the game apparently made another assessment of my ability, and took me straight to the final battle – yes, the big “M”. So “M”, recognising what she was up against, decided it would be less painful if she were to just commit suicide by running into a structure that was collapsing. I won’t spoil anything more for those who haven’t played the original (unmodded) game yet, but suffice it to say that I am now a god. Of course, you all knew that already.

So that’s it. I hope you enjoyed reading about my glorious adventure as much as I enjoyed doing it. You may now shower me with your accolades.

:p :shake:

9. LeFleur Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[[{{[[{{[[{{ those are accolades right? }}]]}}]]}}

10. Koki Gems: 5/31

Well it doesn't qualify, but I think I'm gonna actually roleplay whole saga for the first time. And in english version(Not translated to my beautiful language :D ). And on AD&D, not Easy as usual.

For now I must say that english storyteller is actually worse. All that is written is uncomparable though, I can see clear difference. And Imoen doesn't have voice of a mentally challenged bumpkin - I'm breaking whether take her or not(Planned Solo, as always). So overally english version stomps ours, as expected.

11. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I think a lot of people don't realise that when they install Game-Be-Gone that is what they get. I'm glad to see you do, Splunge. :)

12. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I did! :D

13. Robert the unwise Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Even I can read this lot without it being a spoiler!

Where can I get the Game-be-gone mod ?
    It would save me a hell of a lot of typing, not to mention months of my life.
    ;)

14. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

http://www.mcwrench.com/ - links on right-hand side of page.

There are also versions for Tutu, BG1, the DLTC ad IWD1.

15. Splunge

Media:
    [​IMG] @ Andyr - yep! The thing I like about this mod is it gets rid of those pesky annoyances, like boring walks across areas. And battles with Kobolds. And NPC banter. And romances. And NPC's in general. And battles in general. And pretty much everything else.

You get to experience the thrill of the endgame without having to do all the boring stuff before it. Perfect for someone (like me, currently) who doesn't have a lot of time available.

:xx: :D

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Great for people who don't like micro-management either.

17. TheBard Gems: 5/31

Veteran

ENCORE!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.