1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: POLL - Cats and Dogs and Other Critters

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    This poll is inspired by Sarevok-'s thread about cats. What is the prefered pet? I'm going to include a few choices but if I miss one please feel free to mention it in the thread :D

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 58 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: POLL - Cats and Dogs and Other Critters (58 votes.)

What is your favorite kind of pet? (Choose 1)
    * dogs - 38% (22)
    * cats - 40% (23)
    * rodents - 2% (1)
    * birds - 2% (1)
    * reptiles - 2% (1)
    * fish - 2% (1)
    * animal not specifically listed - 2% (1)
    * I like most animals - 10% (6)
    * I don't really like animals - 3% (2)

2. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I hate cats. Stupid non-socialable beasts.

3. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Yeah!, Dogs 4, Cats 1.

Well, some can be sociable, but most are too independent. :rolleyes:

Dogs RULE! :D

"Who let the dogs out! Arrf, arrf, arrf!"....

4. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    I went for "Animal not specifically listed" becuase IMO hamsters are to cute to be counted as "Rodents" its too harsh a word.

5. Sir Slayer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

They say who doesn't like animals doesn't like people...

6. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Voted birds. Budgies are great fun. Second would be cats though.

7. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I like most animals. My parents have always had dogs and I grew up with dogs around.
    Once I lived on my own I took 2 cats and they simply rule! I think I like cats more than dogs, but mostly it depends on the specific cat or dog If I like it...

8. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Dogs are just annoying, birds aren't any fun, reptiles are just plain boring or creepy (=>giant spiders), so 'cats' get my vote. In fact, cat is the only critter I would seriously consider taking as a pet. This includes regular cats, bob cats, panthers, leopards, lions, tigers, snowcats, and human eaters. :p

[Below] Mesmero, bloody smart-ass. :rolleyes:

[ March 18, 2004, 17:50: Message edited by: Virne ]

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I love dogs! I also had 2 boa constrictors growing up...They were fun!

10. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I don't really like animals in general. The only reason I remotely thought about voting for 'cats' is because Garfield is great. I'm glad I don't have any pets.

I think someone needs a biology lesson ;)

11. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] Love all the animals.

And I certainly was attached to our dog - who was put to sleep a short while ago. :cry:
    Oh well...
    But generally speaking I like cats. Such proud, elegant and independent creatures they are.

Still, I would have defended our dog with my life, as much as my cat. Or would have risked physical harm to protect him. Doesnt sound so dramatic.

12. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I tipped the scales in favour of cats, which of course is the only right thing to do. Cats equals Cool.

13. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Dogs or anything with a dog-like face, wolves and bears. I think a pet bear (especially a panda) would rock - provided it's tame. They show loyalty and affection unlike cats who only show affection because they're hungry.

14. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Some dogs are cool, but all cats are. Thus my vote goes to the feline side. :thumb:

15. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

You missed a category: "dogs that eat cats". :)

16. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I love them both equally. But if I were forced to choose between the two, I would say cat. Much lower maintenance than a dog. Dogs are need machines. Cats are one of the few pets you could leave alone for 3 weeks straight with food/water/litter box and they'll be just fine. Dogs have to be walked, fed much more, brushed - etc. That said, dogs are much better at catching frisbees and wrestling. :D

17. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I actually prefer dogs, but my wife loves cats, so naturually we have 2 cats and no dogs. And as D.R. says, dogs are a lot of work, and since for my wife and I both work full time, I just don't think it's fair to leave a dog alone all day (just my personal feelings on this; I know lots of people will disagree with me).

But as far as leaving the cats alone for three weeks, it wouldn't work with ours; my wife has spoiled them too much.

18. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Cats are cr@p!

Dogs are quality!

'Nuff said!

brb, gonna tek our Jessie for a walk :D

19. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

If it has scales, I love it. Especially lizards and snakes. If only my parents weren't so squeamish...

I used to have a dog. A little black one. It kept biting me, so I sold it, and now I hate dogs. It destroyed all my socks, and only because it was too small to reach anything higher.

20. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I, of course, like Big Cats, but when it comes to pets, I will take the loyalty of a dog any day.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.