1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Wise Wind

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Khazraj, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I (sort of) defeated it, but how the hell do you do it?

I got the fellas to help but since I felt like luring it into the library I ran away and reread the book. While "rereading" the thing cast its Timestops and then by the time I got back, the wizard dude had killed it, singlehandedly!

As a warrior, how the hell was I supposed to kill it?

2. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I played through as a pure fighter and just hit it again and again till it died. I had a ready supply of healing potions and these certainly helped but I don't remember the Wise Wind being that much of a challenge.

3. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Knockdown works wonders on that one.

4. Khazraj Gems: 20/31

I think that it cast stoneskin and I just couldn't damage it with a +2 battleaxe. Perhaps it had something to do with murdering the wizard in hell?

5. NeoXro Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

He didn't cast stoneskin when I attacked it... all it did was couple lightning bolts and it went down like a sack of oreos... luck is part of the game

6. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

That's damned strange. The Wise Wind killed Karsus, the Knight guy, and kicked the living hell out of my PC. I beat it with almost all my potions gone and 2 HP left as a melee fighter.

7. Khazraj Gems: 20/31

I had to reload so many times that I forgot the number. I did 0 damage to it and it not only cast 2 Timestops it cast some storm type spell that raped me repeatedly with about 30 electrical and acid damage as well as stun every round until I was a smouldering heap. I had no way of defeating it so I ran. Then come back and it was dead! How the hell can a non magic-user survive it? What are its "stats"?

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That is really odd. My Ranger just walked up to it and hacked it apart. I didn't even know what it was until it started attacking me, so it had me by complete surprise.

Maybe it has something to do with the choices you made in the other parts of the "story".

9. Khazraj Gems: 20/31

I suspect that the selection of story and/or the way you do it makes a difference, perhaps even alignment?

10. david w Gems: 19/31

I seem to think when I fought it I might well have had the difficulty set to easy which naturally made a difference to the fight. But I didn't have too many problems with it.

Are you able to flee from the fight? I discovered in NWN, you could often flee from an enemy, rest up out of sight, then head back and carry on the fight with yourself back up to full HPs but your enemy still wounded. I don't know if this works in SOU or even if you're able to flee from this specific fight but you could certainly try.

11. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Yes, you can flee from the fight - go into the hut (with lightning for a door) and it will take you back to the library, where you can go back in again.

12. Amatorius Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I had to flee from it a couple of times before I figured it out-what I had to do was shoot it full of +something arrows and run around after it while I did that.
    Not the most adventurous of tactics around, but it worked pretty well for me. :thumb:

<Sorry forgot to mention I was a bard and was curse songing it all the time.>

[ March 21, 2004, 22:59: Message edited by: Amatorius ]

13. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I wasted all my offensive spells as a sorcerer to no good, ending up firing various arrows for 0 damage every time. the thing that saved me was that the mage that tag's along from hell never died?? He took all the damage, while never going below near death!

14. Khazraj Gems: 20/31

That is plain ridiculous. I have a feeling that the story you write and or the selections in the Hell part make the difference.

15. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Or perhaps.... your level? The game adjusts itself in some encounters after all.

16. david w Gems: 19/31

If the Wise Wind adjusts itself to your level, then shouldn't the fight be of equal difficulty no matter what level you fight it at? In the sense that it will be a weaker version for a low level PC and a tougher version for a high level PC?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.