1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

April Fools!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by reepnorp, Apr 1, 2003.

1. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    So, how did your friends, your loved ones, or your parents get you good today?

2. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

My brother farted on my face this morning. NOT nice.

3. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Heh. My parents went to the basement, and cut the power to everywhere in the house. Then, about two seconds later they turned it all back on. They took all of our watches, put on their bath robes, and ran to our rooms screaming "Oh my God! The power went out! It's ten to eight!" I mean, holy crap! I jumped up put on my school uniform, ran downstairs to eat, and they yelled "April Fools!" The worst parts: I thought to myself, "If the power went out last night, why does my clock say 12:07. I thought to myself, "Yay, a new month, go April!". And after all that, I was trying to find my watch, and thought nothing of it.

On a side note, my desktop still says April Fools from last year when my parents renamed each icon to one letter of those two words.

4. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Yeah,I waked up with a cat face painted on my face !!Wasn't very funny,because I couldn't wash it up properly.(Have to kill my sister today :evil: )

5. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Heh, where are the days you just conquered the city "Den Briel" for april-fool...

And no, the Spanish didnĀ“t like that

6. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Reepnorp, I'm in love with your parents! :love:
    Hehe, fortunately, nothing has happened to me...yet. :mommy:

7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, Morgoth, I wonder how all non-Dutchies came up to start these April-fools.
    In the Netherlands, the Jacks/Beggars/Protestants re-occupied the city of Den Briel (Briele) at the first of April. They started to make jokes about Alfa and the Spaniards for loosing his glasses (Bril = Glasses). But what do Americans and other foreign people have to do with that. HUH?! ;)

For all you Monkey Island Fools:
    Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!

From a mysterious place, somewhere on the web:
    "In sixteenth-century France, the start of the new year was observed on April first. It was celebrated in much the same way as it is today with parties and dancing into the late hours of the night. Then in 1562, Pope Gregory introduced a new calendar for the Christian world, and the new year fell on January first. There were some people, however, who hadn't heard or didn't believe the change in the date, so they continued to celebrate New Year's Day on April first. Others played tricks on them and called them "April fools"."

[ April 01, 2003, 19:44: Message edited by: Master of Nuhn ]

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well...nothing has happened to me yet, but I have gotten a few people already.

At around 5am I crept into my g/f's house and taped the trigger to the pullout hose sprayer on her sink. I know every morning she starts her day off with a glass of water...so this morning, she started it off with a wet t-shirt. Shocked, she turned around when I started laughing, only to get a picture taken of her...followed by me running out of her house. :p

At around 9am, I had my brother-in-law call my dad from his work, which comes up on our caller ID as private name/private number, which to my dad means telemarketer. I wrote a script up for him to go by which basically said that my dad's main bank account was seriously overdrawn, which really freaked my dad out since he just cashed his pay check yesterday. :eek:

And lastly, at around 9:45 I went with my best friend and his sister (who are in the army) all dressed up in our fatigues, to our old high school. We went to the main office and in a very serious tone, and showing military IDs asked to have my g/f and two of their old friends taken out of class immediately. Well, instead of writing a note and sending an office aid off to get them, the secretary got on the PA system and made the announcement...which NEVER happens! The PA system at the high school is only used in between classes, unless it is an emergency! So when the three of them saw us their faces turned bright red. But since we got them out of school, we decided to take them out to breakfast...and now my g/f his trying to beat me up for getting her wet this morning! :D :rolling:

9. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.