1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

High School, place of suffering

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Xaelifer, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Before I myself support my BAD attitude toward High School, I wish to know: what does the rest of the world think? Mayhap my craziness is shown in this scenario, but boy!...thinking back it... it almost seems like a complete waste of time and painful suffering for a young mind.

High School has the education of daycare and the useless conformity of military school. However, that's just me. What do you people think?

2. Archer14 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I hate high school. to much work

3. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I had a great education in high school, but I've never worked so hard in my life (even compared with actual boot camp, and I have earned three university degrees since then). Also, the social climate is ridiculous, but that's inevitable with all those young hormones flying around. Discipline is the only thing that can actually alleviate the problems of bullying, cruelty etc.

4. The worst part of school is the people who annoy you to near-insanity, yet you cannot do anything to them because they are younger than you and a girl.

One day, she shall be smitten, but until then all I can comfort myself with is the fact that I'm not lowering myself to her level.

:flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

5. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

6. Oh God, I truly hope not. That is worse than anything I can think of.

7. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

It's not so bad...

Being labled gets annoying...

Being rejected by a girl you've had a crush on forever can be depressing...

But hey, what are you going to do about it?
    Complaining isn't going to get you anywhere, right?

8. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

High school is ok but I cant make the grade so I'm not a big fan of it. I've had many bad days in short fressman year so far. I rate high school as a 60%.

9. sorvo Guest

I hated school and work and life:mad:

10. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

What's so bad about high school? The work's not as hard as at Uni (or a real job, but I wouldn't know), everything's organised for you (less responsibility = less stress)and you're not running up debts for the privelege of being there.

11. GuarMar487 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

thats cause you were probly popular! i hate high school! its espescially gay because its a catholic school, and my priest dude is always talking against DnD, and we are forced to move to anothe table because that jocks want a "change of pace". i [profanity edited out].

[Watch that foul tongue lest it be cut out and ritually sacrificed.] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited March 06, 2002).]

12. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Sprite disipline might have worked to stop(or slow) bullies but in my school the current principal is a bully himself. We have had one principal a year since I got into high school and I am now a senior(12th year for you not American peoples). But we've managed to make him realize that he is not respected by NOT respecting him to his face. So he's learning but I doubt that he'll be there next year:p

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  13. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well as a to be teacher for the graded after "highschool" I must say that highschool seems like a keeping a sifting place for the kids. They dont seem to learn shit and teh only purpose seems to be to sort out the kids that arent meant for higher eduacation. The knowledge they have when they get to the "gymnasium" is abysmal. And from what I understand it is in either case alittle better in Sweden than in many other countries, where are the world heading?
    You must be really motivated or truly smart to leave highschool unscathed.

14. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I hate it even more now that I'm on the brink of failing two classes, German and World History. Why do you ask? World History is a chapter a week and I cant keep up! German, well to be frank I dont pay very much attention. But I do pay more attention then most of my class does. I take the notes our teacher gives us. But still I fail the class. And you know why?! Because I cant spell as many of you probley know. And thats how you pass the class, by spelling:flaming:

15. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31

[​IMG] That is nothing...

My history class is meant for a college level education and is a chapter every two days...(45 page chapters, about 1000 words a page, you do the math.)

I'm not failing, but I'm not making an 'A' either.

16. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I take a college-level humanities course. My regular classes are all a year up...*wail* don't talk to me about suffering! I gotta graduate, SOON!

17. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31

Highschool is just a training ground for being an adult. Just like life it has it good and bad parts. Its not so nice people (the popular, the bold, the bully) and its too nice people (referred to as door mats.)

You just have to take it in stride and learn from it as much as possible. Life is hard----that is something you should have learned in kindergarden. :)

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I hate high school as well. I am in the IB, and everyone else... well, except for one other girl, I think, are complete poppie snobs. Poor me.
    And, I fail Swedish and Math. Poor me, goodbye higher education...

Edit: On Ironbeard's suggestion, i add the one reason why I love being in school: I get to use the internet! The only saving grace of this Hell...

Ara
    (Sniffles and sore throat... hate life)

[This message has been edited by Arabwel (edited March 12, 2002).]

19. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

OK, so I've left school. OK, so I did have a relatively easy time of it. It was in some ways the best part of my life so far. No responsibilies, no real hassles, no worrying about money (yeah, I know we all want more, but it was still my parent's job to worry about it), etc, etc. Life was EASY!

Now: I work, I have a responsible job, so I work far to many hours. I have a house and a mortgage so I'm up to my ears in debt. I've got a car that costs me almost as much as the house, but hey, it's a nice car that I strictly speaking can't afford. I've got a girlfriend who will want to get married in the next 12 months or so which I assume means bye, bye batchelor life-style and probably kids in the next few years.

Nope, life was certainly easier at school.

Having said that, I'm pretty happy as it goes, but life carries more stress than passing exams in my opinion.

20. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] wish i'd understood a little more about how people think when i was at high school.

for example, its only in retrospect that i realised that a few attractive (but shy) girls were coming on to me at school, unfortunately i couldn't read the subtle signals back then.

*sigh* missed opportunities... ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.