1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What Is Your ST, DX, CN, IN, WS, and CH?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Steppenwolf, Apr 30, 2001.

1. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] If it means so much to you, I have loads of PDF files from my laboratory work. They have the word constitutive in them. I can mail them to anyone who doesn't believe now.

2. Kill_Lexington Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] well honestly:

11 STR {ok at lifting weights and martial arts}
    15 CON ( Ican take a few punches broke 5 bones when I was 3 so i have a high Pain tolerance}
    17 Dex ( I'm fast and relly good with my hands)
    8 Int (not the brighterst branch on the tree)
    12 Wis (read the bible and go to church)
    1 Cha ( I would rather be shot then forced to give orders)

3. Christopher_Lee:

First of all, nowhere in my ratings did I declare myself a scientist.

Secondly, I would like to know which dictionary you got "Constituitive" from. (No, I am not being sarcastic, I would really like to know.)

Thirdly, "scientific language" is very broad. A nuclear scientist may not know what schizophrenia is. If I were a scientist, does that mean I would neccessarily know what "constuitive" means?

Finally, I should apologize for such an outburst. "Constuitive" may be a right word that replaces "constitutional", and you may be right. I simply object to such overpowered stats. If I gave myself 14 INT, and you accuse me of declaring myself a scientist, and you give yourself 18 INT, I wonder what that says about you.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Havent constitutional something to do with a lands constitution? As in freedom of speech is constitional? I am not an english speaker by birth and it may be so that it means the same thing.

5. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Look: constitutive comes from the verb constitute, i.e. to be the components or essence or. Constitution comes from this, as does constitutional. (Oxford English dictionary ;))

On the other hand, Imho, no-body here should have stats of 17 or over. Higher than 18 is like superhuman abilities, and I sincerely doubt anyone here comes close to that boundary.

6. Kill_Lexington Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

My DEX is 17 for a reson can anyone else here run across walls or do 15 roundhouse kicks in less then 1 minute or 2 backflifs of a basketball net before hitting the ground but higher then 17 I agree that if it's not in either CHA or DEX you'r just kidding yourself unless your at least over 20 years old. :holy:

7. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Dear creudzfeldt-jakob,

Sorry, I did not mean to call you a scientist.

I got "constitutive" from dictionary.com, but if you looked anywhere, you would surely find it (I think inability to do so means that your INT rating is too high, and demonstrates why I thought mine ought to be raised)

Scientific language is no broader subject than, say, English language (but then you have already shown you are incapable of using an English Dictionary...). Scientific Language is the precise tool that is used to describe scientific theory or hypotheses so that no ambiguity follows. I declared my scores without any ambiguity at all, I feel.

Christopher_Lee

You can either profit from this or be destroyed...

8. void Guest

Str=6, I'm weak as a kitten...

Dex=15, I'm pretty dexterous and a good tennis player.

Con=10, I'm dead average here

Int=16-18, I'm smarter than most people I've met.

Wis=12-14, I have reasonable common sense and I can see other people's points of view.

Cha=13-15, I can get most people to do what I want if I need to...

9. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] intelligence: 19 (i am the god!)
    wisdom: 19 (i am the god!)
    charisma: 0 (i am wrathful)
    dexterity: 0 (i have no hands)
    strength: 0 (see above)
    constitutiveness: 19 (i refuse to be regulated by any mortal being!)
    special abilities: omnipotence, omniscience, ego sink
    weaknesses: small albino rodents (it's the pink eyes)
    race: god
    class: god
    alignment: chaotic neutral.

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You're a god and don't even have one stat at 25? Pffft. We'll see how long your godhood will last around here. :evil:

11. Brightblade Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

STR: 6-8
    CON: 6-9
    DEX-14-16
    WIS: 10-12
    INT:16-19 (heh taught 3rd grade when i was in it)
    CHA:4 (not a people person)

12. Okay, perhaps "constituitive" is a word, but does that necessarily make me an idiot that I did not recognize it as a word? I may have declared my stats with ambiguity probably because I do not assume myself witty, all-knowing, etc. immediately.

Why do you assume that I am incapable of using a dictionary, when I used The Longman Contemporary English Dictionary to look for "constituitive"? (it was not there, by the way)

13. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I've attempted to do this a time or two, but I'd like to be fair and honest. Can anyone tell me just exactly how to determine each stat? I'm not gonna try until I know. Heh, and after reading these, I think it would be a genuine benefit to more than one of you out there as well.

Who's got the answer? Hook it up.

14. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] 19 and not 25? perhaps i was just being modest.

15. total Guest

There was post in silmilar topic about one way of determing your stats (like typing speed, or online IQ test).

But I will stick to my assumption:

STR: like 14 above average
    DEX: 6 (str is my advantage)
    CON: 12 (could be better)
    INT: 12 (can count to 1000, tried several times :D )
    WIS: 13 (not religious, but have strong will)
    CHR: 5 (i rather follow than lead)

I think this is better than the one before.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.