1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How often do you......

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by DemoGorgon, Jul 28, 2001.

1. DemoGorgon Guest

[​IMG] How Often do you turn into the Slayer? I suppose a evil character probly does it more often, since you lose 2 rep points each time you use it, but how about it everyone?

2. Subra Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

I haven't found too many instances where the slayer was more effective than my chosen class. I mainly use the slayer change as a way to manage reputation score.

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I never found it that useful. It would be useful if I were evil, but I've never had a situation where I really had to use it. And besides, much like all my other special abilites/item abilities, I usually forget I have them in fights anyway.

4. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Its useful if you have a neutral character but ur NPCs include Good and Evil characters... like I had Minsc and Edwin... to balance my rep.. whenever it got to 12 or 13.. I used the Slayer.... an edge in combat while keeping Edwin happy...

5. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

I have completed the game 6 times (one with TOB) and i have used it two times. First time i wanted to check it out and the second time i had to open a door in the illithid lair.

6. Dude69 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I only used it once to open the door in the illithed liar and never found much use for it.

7. DemoGorgon Guest

Wow, i thought i was the only one who never used it!

8. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

for what it's worth, I never use it either

9. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Only in the ithillid lair. It's just not that useful.

10. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] I used it one time when I wanted a slayer duel with Irenicus.

11. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31

the times I used it? its during one of those appearances where they place your PC right infront of the enemy and if yours is a mage.. he'd go down real fast unless u prepare before hand or have contingency spells... for me.. i just found it a convenient way to balance my rep while doing some roleplaying...

place me in front will you heh? well watch me clear your eyes out!

12. DemoGorgon Guest

Yeah, ive used then, and in the illithid lair. I think its kinda useful cause it has a high rate of attack and its kinda strong

13. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Never use it all to be honest, and i preffered the other bhall powers i had brought over from the first game anyway.

14. DemoGorgon Guest

like duhm?

15. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] What's that last post there mean Demogorgon, 'cos it's not related to the topic as far as i can tell.

16. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31

Vermillion... what im interested in is.. the other bhaal powers you brought.. i think the only other special ability u get is the Planar Sphere

17. shadow_thief Guest

I never use cause it kills me and I donno how to stop it. And I don't need to open doors cause my fighters are just as powerful as the slayer(besides opening the mind flayer door). Oh yeah, can anyone tell how to stop the slayer form from killing you??

18. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I like to use it as roleplaying whenever you are personally challenged by an NPC. Let them know what they are really dealing with. To keep the slayer from killing you you must change back to human form before your hit points get too low.

19. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

i never found the time nor the need for slayer change exept Illithid lair with the doors. Above all i hate Illithids and ther stupid intel drain thing. If ever i found a time to use slayer it would be on an Illithid

20. Seid Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I cahanged into Slayer when I fought Ilasera, because I forgot to memorize my spells. (A wizard without magic).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.