1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

1 Demogorgon 2. Entreri

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Barbalos, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Barbalos Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello Sorcerer posters, this is my first post. I have a simple question about Demogorgon. If being killed in Watcher's Keep 'releases' him, why can't he just kill himself if he is sealed in?
    Or is there some sort of Demon code of honour in D&D that would not allow him to do this? Seems unlikely.

Also I was wondering if Entreri has 'official' levels and stats as a character, and if he does can someone tell me if there is a website that has this information (i'm just curious). Thanks.

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    1. Until recently, he's been chained down. I doubt he has much freedom of movement. What would you intend him to do? Rip his own head off? Maybe try hanging himself with the chian? No, demons just don't kill themselves, but they do get really pissed off at however put them in that predicament.

2. I don't know, but if you could find the approrpiate file, you should be able to find out. Why would you need to know this though? Would it really make a difference what level he is?

3. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

1: He is gaining more and more freedom by each day. Why would he kill himself then, if its only a matter of time before he's free?
    As Aldeth said, he's been chained down before. Must've been one heaven of a chain though :)

2: Sure he has. Fighter/Rogue multiclass, with fighter dominant of course as i recall. It should give you a link to somewhere if you google it ;)

4. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

According to the FR campaign setting, Artemis Entreri is: Rogue 4/Ranger 1/ Fighter
    12/Assassin 1

His abilities are:
    Str 14
    Dex 20
    Con 15
    Int 16
    Wis 16
    Cha 13

There's a lot more crap, but I'm lazy. :)

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Who's that guy?

Is he one of the guys you free from the stone who gets the pantaloons? :confused:

6. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

@ Morsmordre
    definitely not. The three adventurers that were turned to stone were probably all level one, and one's a thief, one a mage, and the last a barbarian

7. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I wonder if the FR campaign setting ever read Salvatores books, those levels are absolutely off mark.

8. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Yeah, I noticed that as well, but I guess that is done to show that Entreri is truly a jack-of-all trades. It would be more faithful to the books if the numbers of the fighter and rogue levels were exchanged.

9. Barbalos Gems: 1/31

Hey thanks for the info Rednik. Str 14? pfft thats sad. I guess demogorgon wouldn't be able to kill himself, I forgot he was chained but yeah what kind of chains are they...

10. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Is that all? The guy fights Drizzt to a standstill and THAT'S IT? Excuse me for a second, I think I need to find me something stronger than coffee for that to make sense. He's meant to be the ultimate assassin, a perfect killer - there had better be some truly incredible special rules applying to the guy because those numbers/levels don't say "perfection" to me.

11. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I think those stats are just fine except maybe for the 14 strength. Oh, maybe you were looking for powergaming stats :rolleyes: . To compare to real life, Einstein probably had an INT of 18-20 and the best actors would have 17-18 CHA. Simply put, 14+ is very good, 16+ is excellent, 18 is great and anything above that is superhuman.

12. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31

Good point, Rhythm

Okay, maybe I was overdoing it - I just figured that since Artemis Entreri is meant to be the deadliest assassin in the Realms, I was a little surprised to see that he was *only* at an effective character level of 18, with two-thirds of that being fighter-class. That's all.

I guess I'm just used to seeing über-stats everywhere from BG2. Generally I don't ever roll more than twice for my PC. Entreri's stats are good (I always thought he was more of a finesse killer than a brute, hence the 20 DEX and 14 STR), I was more concerned about his skills and the feats he'd have in 3rd Ed.

13. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

They have him in the game only findable by a mod, and cheats.

He was Starting at level 11 Assasin. His stats were:
    STR: 13
    DEX: 18
    CON: 15
    INT: 16
    WIS: 15
    CHA: 13

14. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

15. Barbalos Gems: 1/31

Death Whisper: Thanks a million exactly what I was searching for.

16. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

just a pleasure :D

17. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Well, Non-Sequitur, it's not like drizzt's stats are much better. He only has 17 levels.
    Fighter 10/barbarian 1/Ranger 5 of Mielikki

Str 13(See,Entreri is better)
    Dex 20
    Con 15
    Int 17
    Wis 17
    Cha 14

18. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I've found a cool site with a bunch of heroes and villans from 2ed (which is what BG is based upon) and it gives entreri the following stats:

Human male 11th-level thief/15thlevel fighter

ARMOR CLASS: -2 (-6)
    MOVE: 12
    HIT POINTS: 107
    THAC0: 5
    NO. OF ATTACKS: 5
    ALIGNMENT: Lawful evil
    STR 13, DEX 18, CON 15, INT 16, WIS 15, CHA 13

Thieving Abilities:
    PP 80%; OL 65%; F/RT 50%; MS 99%; HS 90%; DN 55%; CW 99%; RL 20%; SU 75%.

+4 Cloak of protection, +4 dagger, defender (life-stealer), +2 ring of protection, and a sword of wounding +1 (sometimes referred to as a saber).

There is a lot more information found on this site, but I don't want to make commercial ;) And about his lower STR I just want to say that an assasin often has more profit from high INT and WIS then high STR. The ability to think and plan is a greater advantage then being able to deal out massive damage in a single round (at least most of the time;))

Info found on: http://heroic.chez.tiscali.fr/index.php?nom=htm/entreri.htm

19. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Huh?
    Why does Drizzt have a barbarian level? can't recall him as a barbarian really from the books?

20. david w Gems: 19/31

I read once that the barbarian level comes from the fact that Drizzt occasionally freaks out during combat. Seems kind of a lame reason for it but I guess Salvatore is a writer first and a character designer second.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.