1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What you'd love to do to Anomen!!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Drathir Darthirii, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Aerie's Number One Fan Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Media:
    I tried tolerating Anomen. Then we rescued the Renfeld to take him back the the Harpers, he bitched about it so I promptly kicked him out.

2. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

How about cutting his tunic up? Heh. He wouldn't like that at all. :)

Or even cutting his knob off! That would be hilarious, watching him beg for mercy, begging not to cut his mate off....mwahahahaha!!

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lock Anomen and Cor in the Delryn family wine cellar. Thunderdome, anyone? :p

4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I like to make him fail his test. I also make him use the rod of terror:
    "Kiss this pretty face of yours goodbye Ano!" :evil:

5. Lady Constance Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Me, personally, well, I know I am probably gonna upset a whole lot of apple (ok, turnip) carts here, but I happen to love Anomen.His character is very well created in the sense that if you allow him to be knighted, he has all of the abilities for the most part of a Paladin, but has his INCREDIBLE cleric abilities, he can use some of the most powerful weapons in the game, like Crom Faeyr and the Runehammer (too bad he cannot weild Carsomyr), and his overall stats are much better than Keldorn's and he has the strength of Minsc without the addled mind. Yes he talks alot, and yes he whines. I nearly died when I found out that Rob Paulsen of Pinky and the Brain and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fame voiced Anomen. If he is not being whiny, I could listen to his voice all day!

As far as some not nice things that could be done to Anomen, well, I think S. Conrad has already done a very good job of this. If you don't know what I am talking about, there is a mod out there called the Jerry Zinger show, and one of the episodes just happens to be on the subject of Knights in lingerie, and you get to see Anomen in a dress, as well as hear about why Knights like to wear their sweeties Calminshan silks!

6. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Clone his so that he could talk to himself :grin:

7. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

@Lady Constance - You get to see him in a DRESS?! What is this mod all about, is it WeiDU and where do you get it? Anomen in a dress...this I've GOTTA see!!

8. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

As much as some people violently hate Anomen, I'm surprised I didn't hear a, "I would pee in his eye" or something... heh heh.

9. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I'd have him enslaved in a drow brothel and leave him there...

10. Lady Constance Gems: 2/31

For those of you who asked about the Mod where you get to see Anomen in a dress here is the link...

http://www.spellholdstudios.net/mods/jz/

The Mod is called the Jerry Zinger Show, and it is a spoof of Jerry Springer. You actually get to see about ten different episodes, several of which require you to have different people in your party. To do the Knights in Lingerie one, where you get to see Anomen brought up on stage and get placed in a pretty pink dress and ponytail, you must have Keldorn in your party. One of the other episodes includes Irenicus and Ellesime, in an episode called my ex is an evil mastermind, and he banters about how Ellesime made him sleep on the couch, and like the real Jerry Springer, it has plenty of beeps, and a few Ogres who are doing the job of Steve. The theatre it is set in has a bar and a bartender, and is the only place in Athkatla where you can treat yourself and your party to a Coke, a cup of Coffee or a Gin and Tonic (and those usually get you cheers all around)as far as I know, the Mod was only released in October. It is WEIDU based, loads very easily, and has a movie too. It also has an uninstaller. The theatre it is set in is in Waukeens Promanade, at the formerly useless door inside the Den of the Seven Veils. There is also another show which features Aerie, and she gets to meet her parents, and the "true" story of what happened to her wings. You must have Aerie in your party to see this episode. The rest is plain and simple, all the things everyone loves about Jerry Springer...

11. Black Drakem Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Ommingodly this is for you!!! you wanted something like peeing in eye!!
    Dear Anomen you are so freakin goody good shoes.

[Snip - I really don't think that's necessary.] - dmc

( i know it disgusting but aaghhhh i hate this huy) can somebody tell me how disgusting i am?? [Enough to get it removed ;) ] - dmc

[ January 03, 2006, 16:38: Message edited by: dmc ]

12. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

13. Black Drakem Gems: 1/31

My text got removed that like the best response ever... :D

[No, were it the best response ever, it would not have been removed. It was simply vulgar and over-the-top.] - dmc

[ January 03, 2006, 20:36: Message edited by: dmc ]

14. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

You're one sick puppy. And that's not a compliment. I mean, it's just a fictional character, for crying out loud.

15. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

[​IMG] Teach him to lighten up by taking him on a college road trip. To Vegas. With Jay & Silent Bob. :D

16. Succubus Gems: 1/31

Anomen in drag, and bisexual? :jawdrop: That'd be good for a laugh. :lol:

Now, I must admit, I like Anomen. He's the best warrior next to Minsc, and a cleric to boot! In the end I always have him weilding Runehammer, and possibly another weapon too, if I can get a decent AC for him [usually in some variety of Dragon Scale, complete with Gauntlets of Dexterity, the Girdle of Fire Giant Strength and a Holy Symbol ring.] He just kicks butt at level 30+ with all those level 7 and Quest Spells. :grin:
    He's less stuffy and more interesting if he fails his Test [when he gets over being so short-tempered, that is.]

But at times I've tortured him [with slow acting spells, like Melf's Acid Arrow or just cut him to pieces], then healed him to torture him some more, or booted him out of the party, and cast spells on him until he goes aggresive. I think I also used to kill him, raise him and then kill him again. :evil:

Hmm. I must admit one of my favourite anecdotes was Jan's tale of Ano the labotomized Orc. If I really wanted to torment Anomen, I'd place him in a position where he'd be forced to endure Jan's tales over and over again, all day long.

That, or hurl the clueless berk into the middle of Sigil where Haer'Dalis can prove that he is the better man on many occassions. [oh, how that would chafe Anomen's inflated ego and pride! :evil: ]

Now that's an eye opener. I must admit, I did like Anomen's voice. Heh, you learn something new every day. :lol:

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31

For those interested, try the Getting Rid of Anomen mod at PPG.

How to Get Rid of Anomen for Fun and Profit[tm]

1. When he pesters you at the CC, gladly invite him into the party.

2. Go down the block to a tall tower and talk to Kylie Jansen.

3. Enter the tower and go into the basement.

4. Remove Anomen from the party. Quickly, order everyone to run back upstairs before Anomen talks to you.

5. If #4 is successful, lock the cellar door or push a heavy piece of furniture over the door to block it.

6. Listen (DC 10) to Uncle Gerhardt impart his master plan for turnip distilling while Anomen bellows like a sick cow.

18. Lady Constance Gems: 2/31

@Succubus,

I forgot his name but the man who voices Minsc also does Tigger

19. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

The problem is with Anomen's horribly snobbish and helplessly romantic voicing....and him being a complete loser...period.

I think failing his test is a fitting payment for him. And then have Keldorn go through his sorry guts with Carsomyr. VOILA! Problem solved permanently!

GO, GO KELDORN! :shake:

20. Succubus Gems: 1/31

@Silverstar: Aye, Anomen's snobbish nature grated on my nerves. A lot of the time I just wanted to pick one of those options where you blasted him for being such a whiny baby [and on occassion I did, just to see what would happen, before loading a previously saved game], but I never did that as a permanent thing, since in the original game he's the only romance option for the female. :o

Until you informed me of thus elsewhere, I had no idea that mods like Solaufein even existed [which I'm itching to try out. ;) ]. And now I'm kicking myself for deleting all my save games, because now, when I get another copy of the game to start playing it again, this time hopefully with some funky Weidu mods, I'll have to start over. :eek:

@Lady Constance: Now that's another eye-opener. Though, now that I think about it [who could forget Minsc's voicing anyway?] I can see the similarities. :grin:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.