1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Baldur's Gate 3?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by LeXBhaal, Jul 2, 2002.

1. LeXBhaal Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Will BG3 be possible ??
    I hope so, if anyone has any info, please publish it !!!

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    [​IMG] Not another BG3 hopeful! Do a search...this topic has been started too many times. Also, if you bother to look at the TOB CD, it says 'The Final Chapter' hmmmmm, I wonder what that means?:rolling:

[This message has been edited by Kitrax (edited July 03, 2002).]

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] 1. BG3 is being made or planned on being made.

2. It will *not* be connected with the Bhaalspawn saga of BG1 & BG2, obviously. That one has been concluded with ToB. Anything can bear the name of "Baldur's Gate", as long as it's a CRPG vaguely connected with the city. Baldur's Gate 2 did not even contain the city itself, get it? And yet it had "Baldur's Gate" in the title.

3. Nothing, and I mean, NOTHING else is know about it at this stage, which is obvious if you read #1.

So don't bother asking. But feel free to speculate.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited July 03, 2002).]

4. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

So true. Much like:

First Blood-->Rambo (First Blood Part II)--> Rambo III

:grin:

5. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Aww, Kitrax is going to have to eat his words :rolling:

Back on topic:

Well, do we at least know who the developers would be?

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Not BioWare, that's certain. Either BIS or someone else they will license the development to.

7. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

If NWN starts to shape up, you need never buy another RPG again.

I have got that right havent I, you can make single player (insert what they are called here) cant you?

And if it isnt made by bio\black isle then I have a feeling its going to be pap

8. Deathmaster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

If there is going to be another BG game, it could be about your life as a god, say some mage or a nother bhall spawn, is jealous, and they find a way of making you mortal, and you have to go on a long quest to get your immortality back. (Sound familiar :))

And if they don't make it,then with NWN, you can make it yourself, using the toolset. Kapish

9. Stereophobia Guest

with the current trend of things it will probably be a prequel set in the times Bhall had everyone crapin themselfs and noone could stop him until one day....... you can probably guess the rest

10. Xuncle Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Nope, I don't think a BG3. ToB is about as powerfull as you want to get.

Using the Infinity Engine to start another storyline with all the dinky improvements that they've made (like character more classes, etc.) since the original Baldur's Gate would be really cool though.

11. Turandil Gems: 7/31

2. It will *not* be connected with the Bhaalspawn saga of BG1 & BG2, obviously. That one has been concluded with ToB. Anything can bear the name of "Baldur's Gate", as long as it's a CRPG vaguely connected with the city. Baldur's Gate 2 did not even contain the city itself, get it? And yet it had "Baldur's Gate" in the title.

Doesn't this explain that you wont be all´mighty?

But Tal, where did you get this info, a longed for this news since years back, and as an admin for a great rpg forum you seems very trustworthy, but ae this info corect? It seems that way, did ye get it from blackisle or something, oh iam happy, but i dont want to be disapointed.

12. Taluntain

Media:
    I keep track of this type of news every day since 1999. Of course it's correct, I don't post speculations. Practically all of this info has been stated by various BIS/BioWare people over the last months/years.

13. MaxxQ Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Deathmaster, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the point of ToB to eliminate ALL the Bhaalspawn until only one remained to become the new God of Murder (or whatever - I am almost done with my first ever runthrough - in Abazigal's lair right now)?

If so, then it wouldn't make sense to be the new Bhaal, and then all of a sudden, an unknown Bhaalspawn showed up knocking at your door. I just don't see how the devs could reconcile that sort of situation.

However, I DO like the suggestion earlier about a sort of "prequel" that takes place during the Time of Troubles. All those former gods walking around as mortals, just waiting to get hacked to itty bitty pieces....yummy! :evil:

14. Sirdan Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Well, if you read the prologue of the SoA manual, they stated (back then) that they wanted to do an epic trilogy. If Tal says that they are creating a BG3 I am almost sure for two things:

1)In some way, (not necessary being a sequel or a prequel) will have to do with the BG story. I mean if you tell a BG fan today that a BG3 will release, he'll get very dissapointed if he can't find any links to the original story.

2)They won't use the Infinity Engine. After reading the IWD2 preview (btw, nice screenshots, Tal ;) you can understand that IE is on it's limits. We'll see maybe an expansion too in IWD2, but nothing more.

Whatever they do i am looking forward IWD2. IMO is the best 3e D&D game until now.

15. void Guest

If you ask me, Ice Wind Dale II is the cosest you're gonna get to a sequel to BG2... As has been said above, the story was fully resolved at the end of TOB...

[As has also been said above, just because it has the name BG3 doesn't mean is has to have anything at all to do with the Bhaal spawn saga - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited July 24, 2002).]

16. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

The story is only fully resolved if you become a God. If you decline that option, you are just a mortal (albeit a very powerful one). The epilogues for the mortal characters leave room for additional adventures.

Anyway, "Final Chapter" has been renegged before in the entertainment industry. How many Friday the 13th movies came out after "The Final Chapter"? That was part 4 -- aren't they up to 10 now? Following that trend, the next one could be BG3: A New Beginning.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.