1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Celestial Fury

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Mierin, Dec 30, 2000.

1. Mierin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

Is this one of the best swords in the game or is it just me?

2. Nylson Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Must be just you! :)

3. Dude69 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

It is one of the best swords in the game. and for a one handed weapon it is better than most two handed.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nope, it's definitely NOT one of the best swords in the game.
    It's the best KATANA in the game.
    (Sorry bout that, couldn't resist). :D

5. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I shall rephrase you both twice.

Its one of the best magical items in the game

Its one of the best weapons in the game.

6. Orgrim Doomhammer Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] It's one of the best magical weapon that you can get early in chapter 2 or 3 if you can beat the party in the compond area to get it.
    Celestrial Fury can stun opponents, used for back stabbing, gives a nice booming aura around an enemy when it strikes them. With a 1D10 +3 and a fast speed factor it's faster than most two handed swords doing the same ammount of damage but with only one hand.

Black Razor is better but you get in chapter 7 which is a little too late in the game for you to make use of it.

7. Cuckoo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

(SPOILER)
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    A funny thing happened in the big fight with the Vampires...I had Drizzt's boys, the Paladins, and the Shadow thieves helping me out, but everytime I started fighting the vampires, one by one the allies would yell, "What?!?! The fool Chuchulain (me) attacks, even though we are helping him?!! Leave him to his fate! Fall back!" And so forth...of course I wasn't targeting any of my allies, and thought maybe this was a glitch, until I realized that Chuchulain was using Celestial Fury, and whenever the NPC allies got too close, they'd get hit with the area affect, and they'd get pissed off and leave. So that might be one fight in which it would be good to have a backup weapon....

8. Elenias Nal'nair Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I love C'Fury because of all that shit posted before and one little point: Have you noticed that C'Fury stuns THROUGH stoneskins and mirror images for sure, protections from normal/magical weapons and mantles I'm not sure but I think. Nice delay for their spells and other crap. o.k. not nearly as good as Carsomyr or the Staff Of The Magi but dual-wielded a killer...

btw. actually it can't hit most Golems but stuns them anyway so your cleric with two hammers has enough time to do some disassembling

[This message has been edited by Elenias Nal'nair (edited December 31, 2000).]

9. Mierin Gems: 4/31

Veteran

Yeah i noticed that, they sustain no damage but their stunned, leaving you time to wait for their spells to wear off.

10. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Those who use the Celestial Fury throughout the game may indeed feel it is one of the top 3 weapons in the game. I also would rate it there as well. The Staff of the Magi, the Croem Fayr and the Celestial Fury can be used to 'wreak havoc' upon your opponents.

The difference is the Celestial Fury can be acquired at a VERY low level and then used througout the rest of the game. Additionally you'd be suprised and amazed how many times one of it's combat abilities 'kick in' during each round. Let's not forget that it does the damage of a 2-H Sword but allows you to use a Shield being that it is a 1-H weapon.

My personal favorite is the Staff of the Magi, then the Celestial Fury, then Croem Fayr.

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Yes, C`Fury is among my favourite weapons, sepecially since I played a d/c fighter-thief (you can use it for bachstabbing).
    I also really like the warblade, staff of the magi, flail of the ages, Crom Faeyr and the fireswords (possible spoiler)
    There are two of them: The firesword +1 you can buy at waukeens promenade is good against trolls but the second one is far better: flamethounge, my old compagnon from BG-I-TOSC. I always felt it does good effect on most opponents, undead, dragons, golems and so forth.

12. Ragusa

Media:
    Sorry, I´m not messy, it´s just my way to get more posts: You find flamethounge in the druid forrest area.

13. Rasalgethi Gems: 5/31

Yes, the Fury is one of the best weapons, with Black Razor for sure :)).

My preferences : Staff of Magi, Black Razor, Carsomyr, Crom Faeyr, the Fury.

14. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I've never really thought of the staff as a weapon even though it can be nice to dispell magic on hit(if Imoen can hit them with it). I just keep it handy for all the very nice defensive abilities and spells, oh, and of course invisibility. As far as actual weapons that I use in combat, I like Crom Feyr, Celestial Fury, Blackrzor, Daystar, and Soul Reaver. The only reason I leave Casomyr out of the mix is because I don't have nor ever will have a Palidan, unless I mess around and try to create a fallen palidan(probably not). The game has a lot of other really nice weapons that are a regular part of my arsenal, bu I prefer those because of their special abilities.

15. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I like the staff of the Magi for Arie. I am also fond of the dragon slayer sword and shield that you get. I actually equiped my priest of Lathander with the shield and Mazzy when I picked her up, with the sword. It has both of them kicking some good butt!!!
    I also like some of the more popular ones, but they have already been named so I won't repeat them.

16. Ragusa

Media:
    Is it just me or has anyone else found the flamethounge (longsword) to do damage even against oztherwise protected liches and undead, when all other weapons don´t had any ?
    Even though it doesn´t has any extra-plusses on THACO it´s still my weapon of choice (sword) against undead.

Except that: Blade of Roses is also quite nice. Actually I tend to prefer longswords to katanas now for the great variety of different weapons with certain abilities tha come in handy at some points in he game.

17. Elrawyn Amadriel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Anyone care to tell a newbie where they can get their hands on these weapons of (apparently) mass destruction?

18. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Celstial Fury can be found on the second floor of the guarded complex in the Temple area.

Anyone else here use the Dragon's Breath 4+? That's the weapon i always use with my ranger.

Although admitedly, i do have minsc dual wielding celestial fury and crom fayer.

19. Elenias Nal'nair Gems: 5/31

two things:
    1.) Elrawyn be careful. Celestial Fury is only to obtain by a really tough fight. Especially when you're low level. (Hint: do the first floor, rest and then upstairs.)

2.) The Dragon's Breath rules (though I don't use it anyway) because it's a nice weapon against regenerating creatures and spellcasters. I think a strike counts as 4 or 5 hits (d10+4x1)in terms of stone skin or mirror image. For all the fighters who actually can't dispel magic.

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.