1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Laelit - RP Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Alandro fell into step beside Rayenna, and stooped slightly to speak to her.

"How fare you, my lady? It has been a while since we spoke."

As he spoke, Nightingale landed on his shoulder, and gave a musical cry.

-The sun shines, the birds sing, and you humans argue too much. Relax, Lord-
    -Hush, songbird, I'm talking now-

2. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Holon was angry that his cousin thought he was too feeble to enter his old town. It was decimated yes but he was a hoplite of Olot and could master his fear. He scoffed at Miost, he was going the long way around to get to Olot. To go around Laegyn and take a raft or walk down the river bank of the river Gullep but he would let Miost decide he didn't really want to spoil Miost's power surge. He knew he would grow out of the bossiness soon and would only take his help as criticism. Holon looked over to Lena who was looking beautiful as usual, she was laughing with Beratli who had leaves stuck on his pointy horns. Holon grinned, he missed childish antics, he hadn't acted childish since playing with his sister which seemed an age ago. He smiled sadly and walked off the trail looking for anything edible along the way.

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

She watched Holon walk away, his stooped posture saddening. She poked Beratli, whispering the minotaur should go after him, but Beratli snorted and ignored her. Making a rude noise, she grumbled about men under her breath as she rummaged in her trusty knapsack.

She pulled out a pestle and mortar, a couple small bottles and a tiny knife. Giving Porso a whistle, she waited for him to land. "It looks like we're here for a while, so I'm going to mix up something for the fighting ahead."

-and you told me because...-

"I need your help. Will you show me where beetles nest nearby? I want the shells to grind."

-oh, it's not far. just at the base of those shrubs- Porso countered, strutting over to the indicated spot and scratching deep marks into the ground.

Several hard-shelled beetles poured into the openings. Lena gathered a handful, deftly cut the soft body from the shell and let Porso eat his fill. It took half an hour or so for the right amount of shells to be collected. Lena carried them to her place and began grinding the black chitin down to a powder. She filled her bottles, put her other equipment away and told Beratli she was going to speak with Breyd.

"Breyd, do you have any old alcohol or vinegar? I'm making up a paste that can staunch bleeding. I fear it will be needed too soon."

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Breyd rummaged through her pack and handed Lena an old stoppered bottle "I think you'll find that will work nicely, keep it I don't need it anymore"

5. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Holon watched Lena do her work, cutting up beetles and tossing them to Porso. He wanted to help her but he couldn't cut so quickly and so deftly, his image of her changed just then. Before she was a scared girl who was afraid of fighting and needed someone to protect her. Now he pictured her as smart intelligent woman who had beter things to do then fight and only needed Holon to help her when times got rough. He liked the new Lena far more then the old. They were a bit apart from the group, Beratli was leaning against a tree running a stone along side his axe blade, Lena had gone over to ask Breyd something and Holon was whittling the same piece of wood when he heard the snap of a foot the had trodden upon a twig. Holon didn't move because the noise was directly behind him, he motionned to Beratli, who was already moving around the tree. Holon waited a few moments untill he heard a lound comotion and a shout. Holon the rushed through the brush, and found Beratli with his axe on a elfs neck. The rest of the party heard the comotion and ran towards them.

" What's your name and state your buisness? You are only left alive because you aren't a Weygip. Speak quickly!" Holon ordered. The elf shifted slightly and Beratli growled and pressed harder on his neck." Also are there any others? If so where?"

Holon was glaring at the elf, but finaly he started to speak.

6. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Tide thought about what to say. He had been following this group for a ways, watching their every move. He had run away from his village in search of Miost and Holon. He had something important to tell them. Right now though, he had to figure out a way to escape. He needed to be the one asking the questions.
    "I am alone and I mean you no harm," Said Tide anxiously. He wanted to say what he had to say as quickly as possible.
    "My name is Tide. I am an aquatic elf, well half an aquatic elf anyway..." As Tide went on he was collecting moisture from the air above the brute that was holding him captive's head. The orb of water got bigger and bigger and when Tide was finished talking he let it fall on the brute's head. Quickly, while the brute was disorientated, Tide slipped from under his grasp and ran out in front of the group.
    “I have come to relay some very important information to the ones call Holon and Miost. May I ask if anyone in this group would happen to have those names?” Tide said this quite cocky, proud of his escape. His water powers had been quite clumsy lately.

7. Daie d'Malkin

Alandro's sword has whipped from his scabbard to the elf's neck before he'd even finished speaking.

"You claim to mean no harm, yet you attack one of us. DO not try the same trick with me. What is your information. Tell it now, or lose your life."

He pushed the blade slightly, and Tide had to move his neck back slightly to avoid breaking the skin. ALandro frowned, and repeated his command.
    "Speak, now!"

8. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Holon stepped forward.

" I am Holongost, but some call me Holon." he stated to the elf. It was hard to keep a straight face because in his mind Beratli was cursing outrageously. Some words Holon didn't know but were funny none the less. " Why do you need Miost and I? Before you talk please don't get any of us wet or I will get angry." he said the threat complete devoid of expression, he knew he could be scary when he wanted to. Before the elf started Holon sent a mental message to Beratli to shut up, Holon could barely hear any thing over the curses, instead of quieting he roared even louder about being mistreated. Holon turned and gave him such a glare that Beratli stopped mid-word.

9. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

Please delete this.

10. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

"It is hard to speak with a sword at my neck," Tide said while pushing away the sword wielder.
    "I have come to tell you of a great danger." Said Tide, quite serious.
    "If you would call off your men, I can tell you of it."

11. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

" They arn't my men to call and you'll have to learn to speak with spear instead." he thrust his spear just milimeters from his neck. He told Beratli to tie his hands. " Untill we can trust you, you will be bound and guarded. So what is this danger that we already don't know?" he asked synicly, there are weygips everywhere and know he comes to tell them they are in danger." Also why are only Miost and I in danger? Why not the others?"

12. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

"What hospitality," Said Tide bluntly.
    "I have only come to tell you and Miost of this danger, I have not been told to tell anyone else. This, however, does not mean everyone else isn't in danger as well." Tide was getting annoyed with this man's antics.
    "Your actions made me unsure if I should tell you this information. I will wait to make sure you can be trusted." With that Tide unsheathed his blade, and with it, forced the spear out of his face. He then jumped to the forest's edge.
    "Well, I bid you adieux till next we meet. And I assure you, we will meet again." He then runs off through the woods. He thinks to himself how he always wanted to incorporate adieux into a sentence.

13. DarkStrider

Breyd looked towards Bast *Bast track and report back* with a leap the panther silently ran into the forest after the running Elf.

14. Daie d'Malkin

Alandro sheathed his blade, and smothed down his tunic.

"Well, that was a very useful little episode. Shall we move off. I'm sure when he wants to act in a civilised manner, he shall return. Maybe he'll manage to impart his wisdom before his cowardice overtakes him next time."

15. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Holon was amazed the elf got out of the bounds so quickly. He shrugged and told Beratli to do a perimeter. He went and stayed close to Lena, if he returned the elf wouldn't get anywhere near Lena and he wouldn't be so warmly greeted aswell.

16. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

Deep in the woods Tide felt another presence. To avoid it, he quickly climbed a tree. He looked down and saw a panther circling a tree nearby. He silenced his breathing as much as he could. He thought about what to do. He had to tell them the information he had but he couldn't until he completely trusted both Holon and Miost.

17. DarkStrider

Bast stopped she could smell the Elf up a tree she reported back to Breyd

*It's ok now Bast, I know all I need to know about Tide, he is no threat to us, indeed he seems to be a part of it. Leave him and return when ready, beloved"

18. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

Tide jumped down from the tree when he noticed the panther leaving. Tide thought about it and finally came to the conclusion that he would go on ahead of the group. He would then put on a master disguise as an old man and relay the information after they answer a few questions and take a few tests to make sure they could be trusted.

19. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Miost motioned for the others to start moving, and they headed off into the forest, towards Olot.

[ February 12, 2006, 21:43: Message edited by: Elwithral Irenicus ]

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

"Breyd, Breyd! Hurry!" Lena dropped her alchemical things and sent a warning to the others. Someone new was here, an elf, and he had information for Miost and Holon. Porso helped greatly, relaying the message through the other Car'ygal and keeping a mind's eye open for Beratli.

-they know already- Porso told her. -nice of you to help though. Bast has the elf tracked and no one's worried.-

"Well, okay then," she grumbled and returned to her things. "If everyone's going to pay attention to what's going on around them, I'll sit here and weave flowers in my hair."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.