1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

AC Problems with a deep gnome monk

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by DanSkibo, Apr 26, 2005.

1. DanSkibo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] So I started a new game trying to go the high AC route And I have this deep gnome Character that is a 2nd Lvl Monk / 2nd Lvl Rogue / 5th Lvl Illusionist and I'm running into problems. I use the spell Mage Armor to boost his AC to say 29, and he'll get hit with a non-critical hit of 25 ... any ideas on what might be happeneing. The inventory screen states clearly that his AC is 29. Any ideas?

2. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Might be a touch spell or similar ? they often bypass parts of armor.

3. DanSkibo Gems: 3/31

It was a barbarian in the ice temple that hit him(among others) so I don't think that's it

4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I know, happened to me too. Not only the AC vs. attack rolls, saving throws as well. Hitting&saving when succes definitely shouldnt be possible.

Well, sorry, dont know why though :p

5. Shire Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Rolls are bugged in IWD2 IME.. especially saving throws.

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

SAVING THROWS ARE OVERLY BUGGED!
    MY Cleric's destruction has a DC of 31 but everybody saves with a save of 15 or less.Grr this applies to lots of other spells as well.
    I don't know about a AC or attack bug, but it's possible as IWD2 is a bug nest!
    I think developers worked so HARD to implement the 'spiffy' (or needles:() 3E rules to the game that they did not have much time testing or bug-removing.
    This sucks and makes me HATE the once-so beautiful game. :(

7. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Oh yeah. One bug I hate is the Song of the Sith. It seems to affect everone in the area, not just my party members, thus giving them regeneration and +2AC. :bang:

8. Shire Gems: 4/31

Not to mention all the spells bugged. Kinda forces you to have always the same spells.

9. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

And Improved Initiative. That just plain doesn't work. :rolleyes:

10. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Needed a fan made bugfix for that one. :rolleyes:

@Shire
    Which spells are bugged?

11. Shire Gems: 4/31

Those mentioned by Silverstar, then I know at least Mordy's Missiles is bugged, it doesn't do damage as it should, plus the concussion effect ignores the Shield spell, which should block all effects from that spell (according to its description), then most instadeath spells bug the save throw (this should be counted under "broken savind throws") and charm+protection from evil+planar binding bugs sometimes, your protected char gets charmed, and then the elemental starts attacking him, even with PoE active.

Can't remember more now, been a while since I last played.

12. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

SHIRE, are the spells I mention BUGGED in your game too?
    These spells are bugged and enemies save UNLESS they roll a 1 on the roll (like a critical miss)

'Lich touch, Darts of Bone, Slay living, harm, destruction, horrid wilting, black blade of disaster.'

Are those spells bugged in your games too? PLEASE TELL ME or I WILL GO CRAZY!

Some insta-death spells work:
    'Disintegrate, flesh to stone, finger of death, wail of the banshee (The powerhorse)'

13. Shire Gems: 4/31

Dunno about any clerical spells, never really played them (boring IMO), but Horrid Wilting works and BB of Disaster seems to workt too. Haven't tried Lich touch and Darts of Bone either.

Disintegrate and finger of death work on monsters that should easily save them, so they are bugged in a positive way for me.

14. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

No no no BB of Disaster is buggy, it is saved TOO easily, even Isair's spell is USELESS unless one rolls a dreaded 1 on the fortitude roll.

Disintegrate and Fod works NORMAL, the saving throw is what it should be.

All clerical death spells are HORRIBLY bugged, harm allows TWO different saves and bugged, Destruction is TOO easy to save, sometimes effect is there (a wilting rose) but it does nothing. Slay living is useless. (lowest DC possible)

WHY? HELP! Somebody try this out!

15. Shayleigh Gems: 3/31

My mordy's missiles are bugged, the spell only lets me cast it on my characters. :mad: I can't do harmful (inflict wounds) cleric spells even with an evil character. Also my bard song whatsitcalled that give your characters immunity to mind affecting spells actually seems to lower their saves agains these effects.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.