1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bugged? Charmed own character and lost toolbar!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by S0litude, Jun 19, 2003.

1. S0litude Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] My front line Ranger got charmed in the goblin frotress by a orc shaman (or witch doctor) and I responded by charming it right back with my wizard. I thought I handeled pretty threatening situation very well.

The problem is that all charmed creatures don't have the regular customizable toolbar, but a "group toolbar" (showing only guard, attack and movement formations) - - - > My rangers toolbar is now a "group toolbar"! Meaning I can't cast spells, use abilities, can't use fast items (burning potions for one) and I have to use the inventory screen to change my weapon set up... I have the 201 patch. Bugged!?! Anything I can do to help my "Windwhisperer"?

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    It's quite correct. You don't have your character back, but charmed enemy creature who also happens to have been your party member. If you can't dispel the charm or remove it any magical way, just leave the game on run and get a walk. Painful as it is to be separated from the computer for ten minutes, it might help you. If not, then it's possibly bugged - I doubt such an extraordinary case was betatested. Maybe exporting the character and importing it back could also help.

3. S0litude Gems: 2/31

The charm has been off for about... 2 days in game time. So the problem is that she is not anymore charmed but still has the wrong toolbar... I'll try that export/import thingie next and report with any success.

4. Kaden1 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Do you have DaleKeeper? It should be able to help.
    If worst comes to worst, somewhat like suggested above, you may have to export one char. or if you have an empty slot, just import a new char. they should have a regular toolbar, even if the rest of your chars. don't, and then rest. I'm guessing that might reset everything....but I really don't have any idea. :(

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    You can select what is to be on your toolbar. Try adding some buttons, try accessing her inventory. If doesn't work, you still should have the autosave from the beginning of the chapter.

6. S0litude Gems: 2/31

I tried to export her out and then back in into the same game, but alas it didn't help. It seems exporting really saves ALL information about the character.

The beginning of the chapter 1... sigh I'm now already playing 2nd chapter and wouldn't even like to go back to the beginning of 1st from the fortress...

Dalekeeper? I can guess it is a full character creator with no restrictions? It could be my answer... All I would have to is create exact copy of my ranger and the import her into the game, right? Where can I find this Dalekeeper?

P.S. I already tried (one of my first attempts) to manipulate the toolbar. Only the character toolbar is customizable not the party's movement toolbar wich is in case.

7. Kaden1 Gems: 1/31

You can get Dale Keeper here @ S.P. Just leave the forum and head for the IWD II pages. I think it's in the hacks/mod's page...it's easy enough to find though.

8. S0litude Gems: 2/31

Found Dale Keeper II. Am I supposed to put the files into the IWDII folder cause all I got when I run the program was:

DALEKEEPER2 caused a general protection fault
    in module DIBENG.DLL at 0005:00003f2f.
    Registers:
    EAX=80d9d8d8 CS=03c7 EIP=00003f2f EFLGS=00000202
    EBX=00060008 SS=4087 ESP=000081b4 EBP=0000830e
    ECX=00000008 DS=130e ESI=00000000 FS=4087
    EDX=ffffb3e0 ES=130e EDI=ffffb440 GS=05ef
    Bytes at CS:EIP:
    f3 ab 03 fa 81 eb 00 00 01 00 7d f1 c3 2c 3f 1a
    Stack dump:
    00003c9c 03bf00eb 830e0000 9e260000 837a0000 00000000 00ff0000 00ffffff 00ffffff 05efffff 1709865c 0000048f 00000000 05ef0175 852a81f8 122e047f

9. Kaden1 Gems: 1/31

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking but....
    You don't have to unzip DK into your IWDII folder. I unzipped mine to my desktop. And from there I open saved game files and manipulate whatever variables I feel is necessary.
    I have no idea if this has helped.

10. S0litude Gems: 2/31

No... can't make it work. Althought it is beta. Could someone paste a link where I could download Dale Keeper - the first and original - not the second (Dale Keeper II)? Maybe it's just too bugged... It keeps performing illegal actions and keeps shutting down in 5s after I start it...

11. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

The first DaleKeeper won't work with IWD2.

try re-installing DK2. however, i'm not sure your problem can be solved with DK2.

12. S0litude Gems: 2/31

There is no installer in DKII. All there is in that zip file are some files and an exe wich runs the program but it performs illegal action repeatedly on my computer and closes. Well ... seems I can't be helped. Sigh. I'm just happy it isn't my wizard who sufferes from this bug... still I lost my best wilderness lore/animal charm character. Just have to make him fighter from now on, and hope this doesn't happen again.

Thx everybody for the help I got.

Don't know what I did but 2 chapters after the bar changed to normal again! Yes! It blinked few times as normal but didn't last long. I think I was healing her with healing spell and selected her while the spell was being cast and when the game paused for spell casted the bar changed to normal.

Hope this helps if someone else happens to come up with the same bug.

[ July 03, 2003, 09:18: Message edited by: S0litude ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.