1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Evil cleric spells won't work! Aargh!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Silverstar, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

[​IMG] I have a very annoying problem, my cleric's evil spells (slay living, harm, destruction) does not function normally!He has 28 wisdom, spell focus necromancy:2 so his DC for the destruction spell should be:
    10+7+9+4=30!
    I don't believe I am wrong, right? But everybody saves soo easily! A wimpy goblin saved my ultimately horrible destruction spell with a fortitude save of 13! WHY? Everybody saves my spell even they roll a 2 on the dice and no matter their fortitude saves are. But if they get a natural 1, it is like a critical miss, and the spell works.(it happened only ONCE.)
    SO my uber powerfull spell have %5 chance of working?Why and how can I make it work?
    Harm is even more confusing, victims roll a fortitude save TWİCE and not affected unless it is a natural 1.
    Destruction Sometimes have the graphic effect of a dying rose, but do only 10d6 damage.(even it was 20 or lower on the save.)
    Wizard spell Lich Touch doesn't work like all above.I am utterly frustrated and furious! I wonder the reasons for this:

1-My character is a multi-classed cleric-wizard. Can it be the case?(NAY, my pure wizard's Lich Touch does not work either)

2-He is a Silverstar of Selune,a priest of good alignment, so he can't cast evil spells properly?(NAY, a Stormlord of Talos's spells are also useless.)

3-Are all necromantic spells bugged in my game?(NAY,Finger of Death and Wail of the Banshee works,thank the Gods.)

4-Old version?(NAY,I have the latest patch installed.)

I hope you understand my problem,I am from Turkey and if I have grammar errors, please forgive me!
    I am looking forward for your replies! PLEASE HELP ME or I will have to abandon the game! IT is soo annoying to see my powerfull spells not be able to do anything...
    Thank you all in advance.

I realized now, This also happens to spells Darts of Bone, and Black Blade of Disaster! They are saved easily and automatically, unless its a natural roll of 1!

FUNNY, my necromancers Finger of death must have a DC of 30 too, but enemies fail even they get a 32 on fortitude save???
    (he has 29 int, spell focus necromancy:2)
    What's happening?The game has gone mad?
    Why all DCs are acting strangely?
    PLEASE HELP ME!
    I can do nothing!
    I will hate this beautiful game, it makes fun of me!
    Am I completely wrong in somewhere?
    Or is it a bug?

OUCH,I realized enemies spells ar bugged too! Isair's Black Blade of disaster and Madae's harm have %5 chance of working even fortitude save is weak.
    WHYYYYYYY?

[ March 31, 2005, 19:01: Message edited by: Silverstar ]

2. Shire Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Time to reinstall.

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I have already uninstalled and re-installed the game!
    It's all the same! DCs are broken!
    I will play Baldurs Gate 2 again, it is not that bugged!
    But please help me! Hasn't anybody encountered a problem like this?
    Or my CD is bugged? GRR!
    HELP please, I want to be able to use such powerfull spells! I even want enemies to use them, it is no fun when last bosses can't do kill you easily.
    I hope you understand me...

4. Dias Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

maybe your on HoF and monster DC's are high (insanely high)

5. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

[​IMG] NO NO NO it is not something like that, I can see monster's saving throws via battle dialogue(enabled it from options) so even my spell's DC is 30, monster saves easily even on a total save of 20! or less! They only fail on a natural 1!
    Spells are bugged!
    Though other spells such as Disintegrate, Finger of Death and Wail of the Banshee DO kill massive groups of enemies even in HOF! (and I did finish HOF TWİCE thanks to those spells.)
    But, slay living, harm, destruction, black blade of disaster, darts of bone, lich touch are utterly bugged and do not function properly!(their DCs are bugged and very very low.)
    But whyyyy? Do those spells work properly in your games?
    I want to cryy.... :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.