1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Getting Started...

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] Hey all...
    I'm in love with Baldur's Gate 2 and me and my friend play online sometimes. We've played through many games, such as Starcraft, Starcraft Brood War, Diablo, Diablo 2, Diablo expansion, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2.... and now i'm thinking of buying Icewind Dale 2...My friend and I have made these characters that we use for each game..They are as follows:
    My character: Elwithral Irenicus
    Aasimar (elf)
    Kensai / Sorcerer / Assassin
    Chaotic Good
    Str: 22
    Int: 22
    Dex: 19
    Con: 18
    Cha: 13
    Wis: 12
    Basically, my character is supposed to be the offspring of an elven celestial and a priestess of Rillifane from Suldanessellar. My friend and I travel together and do things...lol. My character is a trained Kensai and he's a Sorcerer, and was trained by my partner to be an assassin, after I left Suldanessellar of course. I was part of the High Council of Suldanessellar.

My friend's Character: Dalamar Maximus
    Tiefling (elf)
    Kensai/Sorcerer/Assassin
    Chaotic Neutral
    Str: 24
    Int: 20
    Dex: 20
    Con: 18
    Wis: 13
    Cha: 9
    Basically, his character is a child of rape from a poor city in Calishman. His mother was supposedly a convict. He trained as a Kensai, and was recruited by Pascka Pou to be an Assassin. He was an Assassin for most of his life and knew his way around a blade. He knew little magic, but when he met me, I taught him to be an un-challenged magic-user.
    We now travel together all over the Realms, even though people find it strange and horrible that we are not unlike the opposites.

I was wondering if you people out there like our characters and do you think I should buy Icewind Dale 2? And if so, should I use these characters to continue? Also...is there a Shadowkeeper-esque thing for Icewind Dale 2, or maybe does Dalekeeper work for both? Oh ya, my friend and I are 13 years old so, be gentle lol!!
    Thanks!

2. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

IWD II is 3E rules. No Kits.
    Aasimar and Tiefling are Human sub-races. There is no way I know of switching them to Elf sub-race.
    There is no multi or dual-classing as you know in BG. You simply choose a class at every level-up.
    There is a point buy system in IWD II. Aasimars can get a total of 80 and Tieflings 78 points at level 1. Unless you are hacking these too, how do you intend to have these stats at L1?
    Or are you considering a mid-level duo? Using your guys will quickly become boring.
    You need to use DaleKeeper II for editing your charecters.

[ April 20, 2005, 05:38: Message edited by: Shrikant ]

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Those characters would be fine. But Aasimars and Tieflings are humans not elves. And you'd have to tweak your stats a bit. And those kit classes don't exist in this game.

You could be a Fighter / Sorcerer / Rogue if you really wanted to but it wouldn't be the most powerful build ever.

Actually, you might like to rethink those characters completely for this game.

For a two man party that somewhat resembles your characters, maybe

Aasimar Paladin 3 / Sorcerer X (but means making him Lawful Good)
    Tiefling Fighter 4 / Rogue X

4. Shire Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

CHA is the prime casting stat for sorcs, not INT, your 13/9 CHA sorc would not be casting...

5. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Play the game through without hacks/cheating. You will find it challenging but not too frustrating. Try different character classes, not two so similar to each other. Separate classes are made to compliment each other. This game is well worth the buy, you can play it over and over, yeah you know the outcome, but it has enough randoms that you can get something out of a new playthrough. Try max # of characters to start, then try solo or dual.
    This game has so many variables when creating characters that you can play through several times with different groups of new characters: race/ class/ multiclass varients.

6. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

ok thanks

7. Shire Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

What ghoul said might be true, but I find the game über boring without arcane casters. Solo is fun, I never was fond of managing 6 different guys.

8. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I would just like to recomend trying to play something mortal for a change, it can be a interesting experience.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.