1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The best book you have Never read.

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] What do you think is the best book that you have not read but you wish to read.

For me it is LoTR, never read that one, but if it's as good as the movies, I'll have to get around to it.

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Probably a tie between Homer's The Iliad and The Odyssey. I have meant to read them for some time but I have just never gotten around to locating a copy.

3. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

they are good books, archaic but good. mine would be the dunes series

4. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    For literature, I'd have to say James Joyce's ulysses. Strictly in the realm of fantasy, probably Eddings' Belgariad, although y'all are piquing my interest in Martin's stuff.

5. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I think that it is Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy. I've heard lots of good things about that book.

6. monkey Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Probably Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. Its the one book that I really want to read but for some reason haven't got round to it yet.

Rallymama: If you're talking about George RR Martin then go for it. I can't wait until the next in the series comes out.

7. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Harkle, you haven't read them before :eek:
    Go down to the nearest book store and buy them now . You don't know what you have missed out on.

The book I've resently really wanted to read is The Iliad. It just sounds an interesting book. I've been meaning to read it for a while now but my friend's just started reading the Odyssey, which reminded me I wanted to read the Iliad.

8. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    To Kill a Mockingbird, everyone lavishes praise on that one. I need to get around to read one of these days.

9. Gaidin-_- Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

no...don't read To Kill a Mockingbird....i hated it....but that's just me...

Im a dune nut...so the best book ive never read is THE BUTLERIAN JIHAD.

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Don't believe him, Joac, it's brilliant. A stunning book.

11. Gaidin-_- Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

maybe i have a morality problem :D .

12. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

WOW, I didn't know people actually read stuff that is not fantasy.

I found to kill a mocking bird a bit dry, but it was ok here and there. Suprisingly because normally a book like that would bore me to death, even beyond death!

13. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

For me probably the iliad. oh and IMO To Kill A Mockingbird is not a bad book as long as you don't have to wrap your head around what some less than stellar intelect language teacher wants you to get out of it.

14. Jschild Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

For me that would also be LOTR trilogy. Just have never gotten around to it. BTW the George R. Martin books are very good and fast paced despite the lenght. Tried the Wheel of Time series but they are so overly drawn out and boring that I just can't continue with the series which basically has a good story. Its just that there are chapters upon chapters in which nothing happens at all.

15. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

The Crucible sounds like an interesting piece of work.

Yeah, it's a non-fantasy book. I really feel like I don't want to read that stuff anymore.

16. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

the bible

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Probably The Count of Monte Christo, it's just so... huge.

18. Gwenhwyfar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Does my sister's diary count? :D
    Got to be The Star Trek Voyager Conpanion. Don't you dare laugh. >.<

19. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

War and Peace.
    And half of the FR books. I've only read Exile Sojourn and the other one.

20. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Leo Tolstoy's - War and Peace

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.