1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Egg guards?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Flarnet, Dec 17, 2000.

1. Flarnet Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

In Ust'Natha, when you are ordered to switch the eggs. Is there any way of NOT killing the egg guards? I know that nobody cares if I do, but since I was told to keep a low profile...

I've tried to bombard them with sleep clouds (tough, as they have a very high magic resistance), but they seem to be able to tell that I switched the eggs even if they were asleep during the entire incident.

Suggestions?

2. ArcherAntilles Gems: 1/31

Have you tried using sanctuary are invisibilty of some sort

3. Beorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

Invisibility potions and boots of speed (or oil of speed) are the only way to go.

4. beldax Gems: 1/31

Yeah I finally tried the mass invisibility spell and it worked.

For some reason even though you are invisible you can kill the two guards without them alerting the other Drow.

5. Flarnet Gems: 1/31

We'll I've tried all incarnations of invisibility. I've tried putting them to sleep. I've tried charming them. I've tried domination.
    Hell, I cast timestop (from a scroll pillaged of the lich in the soul trap), got in, switched the eggs, and out (closed the doors) all before the timestop was over. And they STILL got hostile. How did they know what I had done?

I give up. If they know that I swithed the eggs while asleep +timestop +invisible, then I can't see anything helping.

6. Beorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

While hasted, drink a potion of invisibility immediately after making the switch. Pause the game after you open the case, you'll be able to switch items while it's paused. Then pause again and drink a potion of invisibility. Make sure the AI is off and you left the doors open. The golems and guards will still go hostile, but won't attack because they won't be able to see you.

7. Flarnet Gems: 1/31

I have been trying NOT to get them hostile. To steal something (to me) means doing it unnoticed.

8. beldax Gems: 1/31

As per my previous message I cast mass invisibiity. I sent to fighters ahead to take out the two guards. Minsc and Jaheira I think. After they killed them with a few hits each and without the alarm being set off I opened the door to the treasury where the eggs are kept.

I just loaded a save I had. The invisibilty spell wore off as soon as I attacked one of the Golems.

Minsc was pretty good by now at taking out Golems with the Flail of the Ages. He did around 12 damage, then 1 damage, and another 1 damage per round. Minsc is at level 16 by now.

Jaheira at level 13/13 with the staff of Arundal did damage around 14 per hit.

Both Jaheira and Minsc took a lot of damage and I kept the others away from any action.

I just remembered that bot of these have the boots of speed on so are hasted all the time.
    I hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by beldax (edited December 17, 2000).]

9. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I had 2 potions of invisibility. I opened the door, drank one, switched the eggs, drank another one, and left. Ho hum.

10. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

You can't take the eggs without the golems and guards going hostile as far as I know. Sactuary allows you to waltz right in, take the eggs, and waltz right out without any golems moving. But they will still go hostile whenever the eggs are touched. However, I just whacked them all. Much more satisfying.

11. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I simply use Nalia "hide in shadow" ability.

The guard did become hostile but they didnt see her. Same for the golems. And I left the rest of my team far behind, so the guards would not attacked them. It work perfectly, very easy.

12. Anvil Gems: 1/31

Never had a problem with the guards being hostile.

open door, make sure no guards were visable and cast haste. Go in, get eggs, run out dodging the Golems, close door and stroll out with no hassles from the guards.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.