1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Killing Sarevok

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by garathorn, Oct 14, 2001.

1. garathorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

2. Meldethar Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] yeah, if you have 32000 HPs. I suggest loading up on monster summon wands and, if ur into cheating, use Cheats:DrizztDefends() when the fight begins. Also, have your main character use any projectile weapon possible and set his AI where he runs whenever an enemy gets near cause sarevok will always go for your main character. I am soon updating my site where there will be a cheat list for the game so be on the lookout at http://www.meldetharscastle.cjb.net and if you think my site is cool, click the mind-it icon on the front page to be e-mailed when i have updated the site!

[This message has been edited by Meldethar (edited October 14, 2001).]

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] In my opinion, the best thing to do is do as Meldethar says and cast loads a monster summonings and load all your guys with ranged attacks save maybe the best guy with a sword and preferrably not magical spells as Saeravok seems to be immune to them. While he is making the gremlins bleed, tickle him with arrows or what ever missile fire you possess and eventually he will sucumb and die from laughing...

4. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Yes and no. I've taken him down in melee, but as for one on one probably not. There was quite few healing spells cast from the two clerics and the characters in the party were hitting him lots too.
    Still it probably isn't impossable to do it with just a one on one fight. Just need a lot of luck and healing potions;).

5. garathorn Gems: 5/31

i always use the monster summoning but its to easy i want to kill him head on last time i tryed i got it down ta him and tazok and my other fighter cause he killed every one else with that cloud kill then he killed me

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

While playing the game, keep all potions that increase Dexterity, Strength, Constitution, and all other stuff. Keep them and use them in the big fight. Make your best fighter as good as possible and haste him too. Now you would have a chance. I'll try to kill Drizzt without a wand of Monster Summoning, with my Thief-Only Party. Maybe I can backstab him and kill him before he slays me.

I'm also interesting in the question: Who wins, Sarevok vs. Drizzt. For you can also not kill Drizzt in 1 on 1.

Meldetar ---> Stop with promoting your site in EVERY post :(:almostmad:

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited October 24, 2001).]

7. garathorn Gems: 5/31

o i tryed back stabing him hes got more than 150 hp cause i took 153 with imoin and it only pissed him off

8. davycop Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

How did Imoen do so much damage??? You can only backstab once, right? You can't hide in shadows again after hitting Srevok. Unless you use an invisibilty potion....I'm not sure if that'd work.

9. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

i have never had any problem with sarevock he is much easier than most people in the game. I faced him head to head with my paladin and coran on his nice little long bow and we wooped his armoured ass.
    It is all a question of tactics. Summoned monsters is for wimps.

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Davycop, Fighter/Thief with high strength, Long Sword, backstap quantriple damage on a critical hit can do that damage. I play with a party of 4 thiefs only so I'll try to kill him with that, he doesn't have to die at once but with some Dex increasing so AC lowering potions I give myself a change to finish Sarevok off in melee attack. TAhe problem is that after killing him, the mages would be a problem.

11. garathorn Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] its called gate keeper davycop

12. faaip de oiad Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i've found that if you have all of you melee fighters drink a few potions of fire resistance (to get resistances over 100% so you can actually heal them with fire) while giving your archers arrows of explosions and mages wands of fire or memorise fireball. now when everyone gets into a big cluster, let loose and sarevok will fall pretty quickly.
    kind of a costly way to do this, but who cares about money when you are at the end of the game.

13. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Faaiap. that's a good tactic, but I never heard you would heal with fire when you have high resistance? (also never had high resistance though :))

Garathorn ---> What? I just voted in the current poll for: I NEVER USE HACKS like Gate Keeper. Think before you insult me ;)

Ok I'll explain it:

Take a fighter/Thief. Strength is important. Zo with the tomes it is probably 18 or 19. That can easily be reached without cheating. iirc, a level 8 thief has backstap quantriple damage, x4. A critical hit gives double damage, and then also x4, so in total x8.

Now imagine this thief. He hides in shadows, backstabs and does with his Long Sword +2... normally he does with str and weapon bonusses 20 damage. Not that much huh? Let's multiply. It was a Critical hit... double damage! 20x2=40 damage. Multiplier for backstabbing is x4... 40x4=160 damage! Not that hard without Gatekeeper, ain't it?

14. garathorn Gems: 5/31

i got over 100 000 money is not a problem i already bought 40 explotion arrows for killing the iron throne i still got 20 left

15. faaip de oiad Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

headbanger:
    yes, well, if you have say 120% fire resistance, and you take 10 fire damage, 20% of it will heal you.
    example:
    faaip de oiad: damage (-2)
    or something like that.
    it was a life saver in durlags tower.
    i ran out of healing magic and my fighters were too weak to risk another fight with some greater ghasts, so i had them quaff a few fire resistance potions and healed them pretty easily with my wands of fire...

i just tested it, it took me about 15 minutes.

[This message has been edited by faaip de oiad (edited October 26, 2001).]

16. davycop Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Are the fire resistance potions cumulative? So, if you drink like ten potions then your resistance would be near 300% - 400%? And then if you get 10 points of fire damage you actually gain about 40 hit points!!! Boy, that is odd! It should be considered a weird bug.

By the way, where do you check how much resistance you character is currently having? All it says is Fire Resistance in the character info, it doesn't specify the percentage anywhere.

17. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

I don't think it is a bug. I knew that Iron Golems heal when you damage them with fire, read that in the Monsters Manual of D&D. I suppose this is how it works. Maybe potions of fire-resistance indeed are THE solution is many hard fights!

Thanks for testing Faiip!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.