1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #62

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    @Ofelix, i wish i was in the same boat as you jsut now, but NOOO my life sucks jsut now tbh.

2. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

/me dives for the hot chocolate and the belgian chocolates, then goes back to her corner

Uytuun, plenty of room here.

I somehow managed to hurt the (sort of) bf by giving him a (well-deserved) look of death this morning. What's the saying? "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." He should know better.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Life rules.

4. Dalveen

Media:
    Bah, dont rub it in our faces HB. Just cos you got lucky! :p

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    No I agree Life rules!

6. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Whew, finally I got that script into a satisfying condition. Good thing that PHP isn't that difficult language to edit...

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    MELTDOWN!

Holy crap! Saturday night at work was...insane, for lack of a better term...

Ok, so one of my furnaces (which can only run 4 special recipies) was down because it's acting up...so we were getting backed up on our "poly"...but around 3am, another poly furnace in the bay next to me did something VERY bad that's not supposed to happen...so I guess the word "broke" fits in here. Anyway, some how, the inner liner decided it was going to break apart while a run was currently being processed.

So, all in all, the total estimated damage done was $17,000.00! :eek: $6,000.00 of that was in product loss. :doh: To put things in to perspective on product loss...a "bad" night is when 2 wafers get scraped...but when an entire poly run (4 lots of 24 wafers each...that's 96 wafers) get's scrapped out, someone is going to get in some very hot water...

And to make things worse, about 45 minutes later, we had 4 more furnaces pull all at about the same time...big deal right? Not that night, all the product in those furnaces become "poly" runs...and of the 52 furnaces we have at my work, there were only 3 left that can run those poly lots! :eek:

So when I left, there were about 20 lots backed up in my bay, and about 24 backed up in the bay next to me...needless to say, the other shift isn't going to like us. :rolleyes:

So...did you all understand that? :rolleyes: :rolling:

8. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Life rules, even if you have to fake the feeling.

Missed a semester of college last year because I got too depressed. Not something I'm willing to repeat.

If you don't let life rule, well...

9. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

@Kitrax, I understood that you were having a bad night, not really on all the technical stuff though. :D

I had a bad morning myself, my truck broke down on the way home, luckily I was able to make it to my mechanic's shop. I have a really good mechinic and thank God it only cost $265 to replace the radiator and put a new head gasket on. But it still meant that I didn't get to bed until 11:30 and had to get back up early for work to get to the mechanic's to pick up my truck.

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Kitrax, at least you don't have to pay for the lossess, or you would truly be having a bad day... good luck on the morrow.

*SNORE* I'm tired.

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Pub was nice I smoked at lot of shisha and drank serevals double vodka!

12. Dalveen

Media:
    Bah, got dragged out tonight, had an OK night with soem pretty crappy bits, waste of £27 tho, for drinks for other people, who wont even remember i bought them drinks and hence i wont be able toget drinks back off them, talk about rubbish :(

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Good morning.

Gah. For a week straight I have been waking up before 6 am. Wtf is wrong with me?

14. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

/me fights his way back into a world with 24/7 internet access

No! I will not go back to checking my email at the library. You cannot make me return to visiting the BoM only when a wealthier friend has pity on me. I need the connection!!! NOOOOO!!!!

My friends, I cannot hold my footing in this plane much longer. I will return again, I hope. Remember me. Remember meeeee...

/me is sucked back into the LAN-less void

Later all. See you again when I get the chance.

15. Arabwel

Media:
    *Huggles Jag before he goes*

There heee goeees.... there he goes again...

16. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    It's all sunny and cheerful today, yuck.
    Interesting appt. tonight, one with the hospital at 11am tomorrow and an operation ( :eek: ) on Monday. Pretty rubbish week all round.

17. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I woke up, and found it'd snowed in the night.

*Hugs Shell*

18. Arabwel

Media:
    *hugs Shell*

I am, once again, baking bread. Which is fun. I just hope I can finish it before I have to leave for the pool...

I do think i am possessed, with all this actually moving about thing :D

19. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Arabwel, can I have an end peice while it's still warm? I love home made bread, smeared with butter when it's still warm.

20. Arabwel

Media:
    *looks at the abyssmal mess sitting on the tray*

Brallrock, i don'tr think you want to touch this stuff with a ten foot pole....

*wonders what she did wrong*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.