1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SKing Anomen to Pally?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Arabwel, Feb 21, 2002.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Okay, I just got this idea last weekend, and wanted to hear your opinions about it:

After Anomen passes his test, he becomes, technically, a Paladin. So, what if I then used SK to change his class to Pally?
    On the role playing side, I'd find it okay, even though he\s a f/c by class...
    This just stuck in my head, so any ideas?

Ara
    (Furiously trying to get her posting count back to the level it was)

2. Lord Sarevok Guest

He becomes a KNIGHT not a Paladin, quite a bit different. Paladins can be Knights too though I suppose...

Just don't mess with his experience and change his class to Paladin...

3. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

exactly what is the difference between a knight and a paladin. is the cavalier not a knight? i always think that a paladin is a lesser knight, but by the way d&d have been going i lost the true meaning of knights and paladins. can somebody elaborate about this 2? because of this "confusion" i can't give you my "role-playing" opinion.

but game-wise, making him a paladin enables him to use carsomyr and all types of weapons (for true class), and lay-on-hands, imho those are the only worthwhile advantage that i can see (unless you have seen others).

retaining his original class, you have :
    1. turn undead level = to current level
    2. can grand mastery any blunt weapon (which i think would be better over being able to use all types of weapon but only specializing them).
    3. have access to more cleric spells and at higher levels.

so personally, i'd like his class as is. if i would sk him, i would like to change his attitude, i hate his arrogance.

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Good points, people. I just had to get the idea out of my system, because it stuck. Now I feel happy with my own dear fighter/cleric...

And I DO NOT find his attitude annoying!

Ara
    (Annoyance Incarnate and does not thionk of Anomen as Annoying)

5. Nior:
    I would imagine that a knight is simply a fighter or a paladin; pretty much any plate-wearing, sword-swinging, front-of-the-line warrior. IMHO, the "knight" is not neccessarily good, but just described as someone like above. I would think that knights are not necessarily good, but probably on the most part, lawful.

Just my two cents.

6. Archer14 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Annoymen (Anomen) wouldn't be a Paladin. Paladins have to be good aligned. Anomen is not. It says he is later but I think if he was lawful good he would be less self obsessed and worry more about helping others.

And Knights were just people who followed a certain code of conduct and were rich enough to pay for all of there equipment.

7. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

thanks for expounding the "knight and paladin". i saw some light. and i also remembered that there are "dark knights", simply say, knights can be from lawful good to "extremely" evil.

8. sorvo Guest

I totally agree with what you said Arabwel:) Anomen does basically become a paladin! I've never used SK but if you do go for it;)

9. Sir Lalron Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Technically he does become a paladin (when he is knighted), but i would just leave it as it is.

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Because Arabwel feels
    ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.