1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You May Be a 90s Kid If.....

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Halasz, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

He's a hero, gonna take pollution down to zero ;) forgot the rest but I remember how they introduced the planeteers :D

You guys remember the other cartoons of that time? C.O.P.S, Visionaries, the REAL Voltron (the 5 2D lions, none of those spaceships or 3D Sh*t).

Some other older ones.. M.A.S.K, Battle Toads, Tiger Sharks, Biker Mice from Mars, Cowboys of Moo Mesa, G-Force, Silverhawks.. can't remember much else...

btw did anybody here ever see the non-disney sequel to Pinnochio? Pinnochio and the Emperor of the Night. It was awesome, keep looking for it but can't find it anywhere, along with StarChaser: The Legend of Orin..

2. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Let's just put it this way, I have run SNES, SEGA GENESIS, SEGA 32-BIT, SEGA CD, PLAYSTATION 1-3, and X-Box on one TV.

I remember envying my cousins because they had an NES and an Atari (Hey! Joust ROCKED!!).

My first experience with a computer was when my dad bought an Apple II E.

I watched Fraglerock, Lost in Space, and Weird Science, not to mention Reading Rainbow.

Thunder-, THunder-, THUNDERCATS, HOOOOOOOO!!!

I remember the first Free Willy.

I remember when Castlevania was all the rage, and Mortal Combat was brand new.

For a birthday party, my best friend rented a Game Genie. We didn't have any codes, and the only game we had was Super Mario Brother, so we experimented and messed around, and got a code that made Mario grey, permanently small, invincible, and unable to go down pipes!

I HAVE PLAYED DUCK HUNT!

The things going around the web themed "You may be old if..." are starting to make ME feel old.

Now I know there are people older than me on this board (most of whom are :geezer: ), but I just have to say, I'm not a 90's child, I'm an 80's child, and proud of it. VOLTRON!!!

3. Halasz Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Captain Planet:D

For those of you who used to watch, I know I still do thanks to this site :p

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    How is that even possible? Most TVs have in general 1 to 3 RCA outputs and I've never seen a TV with more than a RF output. :confused:

5. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

Ah, memories. Way too much of that list is very familiar to me :)

6. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@Flix - Consecutively not simultaneously! :lol: It would've been clearer to say "I have run {list} on the same TV." but not much.

I will say this, though; that's one good TV! :D

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

There were more than 1?? :p

I'm 22 so I'm more of a 90s kid but I loved all the late 80s movies.

8. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    I'm not even sure, honestly, but we've done some weird wiring with the VCR and now DVD player. The PS3 is still connected with the 3 color cables that connect in the front of the TV.

9. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Just to clarify things; this is a RF modulator which is used in the older videogame console, pre-N64 era. And also used to get Cable TV, at least here in the province of Québec.
    This is RCA cables which are used in most modern TV/DVD/Video game console/Cameras/and just about everything that can be hooked up to a TV.
    This is a HDMI cable used (so far) only by the Xbox 360 and by extremly expensive DVD players. The video quality is just amazing with that. This is rather useless but funny nonetheless

Hope it's clear now.

10. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Green ranger :) .

I was in high school when some of this stuff happened/was popular... and some of it was from 2000-2005, but whatever.

Kind of scary when you grew up through the 90s and some of the stuff in a joke thread about it is AFTER your time!

11. Late Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Media:
    The 3 Ninjas was the coolest movie ever. I'm afraid I was the only kid in the neighborhood to think so though :D

I almost fell off my chair

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.