1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Romances

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by dalkiel, Dec 1, 2007.

1. dalkiel Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

So far the romance angle has been with Aerie. Can I carry on 2 romances at the same time or does one have to fizzle out for the other to start?

Jaheira - Afte the episode at Harpers hold I cant seem to get rid of her and get her back. One attempt had her leaving permanantly(?) because she was now an Harper outcast. Why am I holding on to her? Apparently if the romance angle works out i get a nice XP boost. I wouldnt mind leaving her behind and picking her up later but thats no longer an option because she'll leave for good. According to the game hints a druiid who reaches lvl 14 can challenge for leadership of the druid grove. Any thoughts on this?

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

You can start two romances at the same time, however as they develop together, the gals will start to fight against each other for your attentions and it will soon turn into a nasty cat-fight quickly and you will have to choose one or the another. (unless you have multi-romances hack installed) However, if you are too far in to one romance, a new one will not start unless the current one is concluded. (one way or another)

Jaheirs should not leave for good unless you tell something nasty to her, or have your rep dropped too low. She will go with the call of Meronia at first, and then after one rest she will come back and want to take you to Harper Hold. After that, as romance progresses, she will leave suddenly but will leave a note for hint. You can rush to Harper Hold to save her afterwrads...

As for Druid challenges, it is for protagonists only IIRC. If your PC is a druid, once he hits lvl 14 go and talk with challenge master. You will gain some bonus and items after a rather easy battle with another druid.

Elfen Lied likes this.
  3. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

Initially you can have more than one, then during a love talk for one, you will be either forced to kill the Aerie one, or the Jaheira one, (or the Viconia one if you had her in your party too). Thats for the unmodded game, Ease of Use allows you to have more than one at the same time.

As for the druid thing, that only applies to your character, the PC, Jaheira or Cernd, cannot challenge for the leadership of the grove, they can fight Faldorn in the quest to save trademeet, but after that, they cannot fight in that pit. You can though.

NPC Stronghold mod (when its finished) will fix that though.

not sure whats up with Jaheira, she does leave the party a lot and should come back, unless you said the wrong things.

4. bugmenot Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

On the other hand, if you actively kick Jaheira out of the party at any point, the romance will end.

5. Elfen Lied

yes, if you kick out a romancable NPCs once their romance has started you will kill it, if the die it will end, if they get imprisoned it will end.

The only exception is Jaheira leaving for quest related reasons

6. dalkiel Gems: 3/31

Thanks for the replies guys

I cant figure out whats with Jaheira. She was fine until the first battle at Harpers hold. Afterwards she got all huffy and left permanantly which I thought was a bug.So i reloaded but the same thing repeated. If i kick her out she leaves permanantly. She mentions that she's an outcast with no where to go and that our paths will never meet again. She also renounced the harpers and sided with me so that may have something to do with it. The only reason I'm keeping her is for that romance XP bonus. I just picked up Viconia so Jaheira's healers role is diminished. I read somewhere that you need to buy Jaheira a necklace for the romance angle to start.

The only romance so far is with Aerie - got to that point where i had to say "maybe we should wait" )thanks to a hint). Does her romance havve any plus points? other than a diversion from monster bashing?

Thoughts?

7. Elfen Lied

in TOB yes, SOA, not so much. Viconia's romance has the odd battle or two, Jaheira's uh i cant remember, Harper Hold, cursed, Termisel, thats her quests not romance, you get those just for having her in the party,

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Look at one of the romance guides here on SP. There appears to be something wrong with your Jaheira romance. Yes, there is a huge XP bonus at the end and a great magic item for Jaheira.

I would say Jaheira's romance is the most complex and has the greatest rewards. Although I enjoyed the Viconia romance the best (especially if you carry it over).

9. dalkiel Gems: 3/31

I broke up with Aerie by sleeping with her. I knew I shouldnt but I figured i'd go to work on Jahiera instead. Does the Aerie romance re-commence? She's always making comments about how glad she is to be with my team -after the separation

10. Elfen Lied

Once a romance is broken, it stays broken, err unless you use CLUAConsole to edit some stuff.

11. dalkiel Gems: 3/31

Okay - I accessed Cluaconsole to try to reset the Jaheira value. I was following the Romance guide on this site. jaheira's value is set to 3 - which means romance is dead. I cant reset it to 1 or 2. Technically I can but when i recheck the value its back up to 3. The only thing I can set it to is 0.

I checked Aerie's value - i slept with her thus ending the relationship (i think) but the value is at 2 (in love) and Lovetalk value is 49. The romance guide value goal set for Aerie is set for 47.

ANY advice would be appreciated.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.