1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #100

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Man, am I tired. I feel like I'm going to fall asleep at my desk. It's going to be a long day.

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    My contribution of the day, appplause!

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Off to the doctor's tomorrow. Had a bout of panic this morning when I couldn't find some of the forms I need (and berated myself for not looking for the damn things much earlier). After searching for a few hours I just left it at that. Came back now and within 2 minutes I'd found them. I hate it when I lose something, hold it in my hand and never realise I've actually found it.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

note to self: when selecting a jogging route that goes downhill early, keep in mind that it is twice as hard on the way back as you are already tired and it's uphill.

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Glory! Battle! Fight! Metal! Steel! Sword! Master! Lord! Blood! Brothers! Thor! Valhalla!

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well, looks like someone is having a Manowar overdose.

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Aye, I guess I'm still a little bit high :o :xx:

8. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    I can beat that. I spent 10 minutes searching for my glasses last night, only when i got really annoyed, my mum came through to see what i was complaining about, and helpfully notified me that my glasses were infact, on my face... :(

9. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Oh how I miss my PC! At the In-Laws again, post Christmas visit, and his old E-Machine and slow DSL doesn't cut the mustard. Try to find good games to run on this, it wont even take a video card. Oh well, back home tomorrow and WoW it shall be, then back to the old grind.

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] /me lights a candle for all the WoW victims taken away from us.

11. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I was about to write something funny, but I'm too tired to remember what it was.

Oh well, maybe I'll just say I ate the tastiest hamburger in the world (mmm...bacon). :yum:

12. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Bah, I'm sure they'll come back running very soon. SP has that effect on people :grin:

Is it me, or is Tal posting in the RBP much more often than he used to?

13. Strife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

jaded empath: I'm renting a house, and so far I haven't received a water bill for over 6 months, and my water hasn't cut out, so I assume either the rental agency or the owner is paying for it, even though when I signed my lease for this whole year, I mentioned it, and the lady there said, "No, we don't pay water bills for any houses we manage."

Being as unhelpful as they are - imagine her telling me that I don't need to turn off the mains to fix a tap! They deserve the increased bill, or deserve the owner coming down hard on their ass asking what's going on, why's water consumption gone up? Then again, I might get a really nasty surprise too :(

So I was walking around the outside of the house, trying to look for the water meter - colleague of mine says most likely the shutoff valve will be next to the meter.. I've looked high and low, inside and outside, no meter.

All I can find is this metal grate, kind of like a little rectangular manhole, on the road outside of my house. It needs one of those long "T" shaped metal sticks to open - you stick the horizontal part into a hole on the grate, and then pull it up. I'm just wondering if the meter's stuck under there.. perhaps I should just call my water company to check.

14. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

The down side of this rainy season I observed last night is that water can get in somehow, and it gets teh carpet wet under my computer desk. It means that I'll have to keep the area tidied up better so that nothing important gets soaked...

15. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Man I hate waking up 4 am thinking that it's almost time to wake up when I in reality would have a few hours left for sleep.

16. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I had an epiphany today...how much better would the world be if we had never 'discovered' clothing? Not that I'm a perve or anything but if the human race had never discovered clothing the whole 'mysterious' appeal of the human form would never have existed and we could all just get on with the business of getting to know, and being attracted to, each other for who we are and not what we look like

17. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Bah, WoW. So many people have tried to hook me on that game, and all failed abysmally. Too many idiots there, I can think of better ways to sink my cash, and rolling back to Winblows? No thanks.

Still no news from the possible job. Good.

And Aldazar, sometimes I find myself wondering what the world would be if natural selection and the law of the jungle still prevailed.

The Magister likes this.
  18. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

It's cold with lots of snow... no worries though, school started two hours late yesterday and was a no go today for the first time in a very long time...

:D:D:D:D:D

19. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Almost done with the spring semester's first week of classes. Cisco and Novell, I must be insane....
    Oh, and let's not forget the two jobs I am working.

@ D'fly's post below: Too bad I don't like coffee... :p

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  20. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Drinks lots of coffee Stefanina, it is the saviour when life brings you much busyness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.