1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #100

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, 6 years isn't too much. You're both adults after all.

2. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Being overworked is SO much fun!
    Well... at least I don't have the time to be bored.

3. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    18 and 24? So whut? :p

It's not a giant age gap, especially nowadays. I say go for it.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  4. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Someone poke me so that I start working. Poke me hard, have no mercy.

It's not giant per se, but you do change a lot going from 18 to 21 let's say. It depends on the people involved too I guess.

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    DoTW,
    Iirc that's what Cary Grant said in 'Operation Petticoat': "If they're under 18 (he actually said 21, old movie) they're protected by law. If they're over 65 they're protected by nature. Everything in between is fair game."

I don't see six years as such a gap, even though the degree of maturity or immaturity, irrespective of age, can be an obstacle. Uytuun is right.

6. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Wait for her to turn 19, then its all ok. This is based upon the age old forumla of [(your age)/2] + 7, which is used to work out the minimum age you can date ;)

7. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

WoW server maintenance day agian today, sigh, I am so addicted! I even dream about it, and I am even beginning to worry about it myself.

In other news, its snowing again here, sigh, I have to shovell before taking daughter to get braces on today, then crash and go to work tonight. Not much sleep today for me.

I aggree DoTW, you are both legal (at least by NY laws) and age does not have to be a factor per say. Ah what do I know, I am an old married man.

8. Strife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Gotta love it when your boss gives you a project, can't tell you when's the due date, and then at 4pm tells you he needs it the following morning.

Rushing it out for him now, but it sucks having to work at home.

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Umm... 18 is before much schooling and 24 is after much schooling. Schooling affects people's characters and their views on the world. Who knows what she'll be like when she hits your current age, i.e. when she's 24 herself (and you 30). Biologically, however, it's quite all right. That kind of differences used to be the standard. Just as it has been said, in this age it's like a generation gap.

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ugh. We got pounded by a large storm that brought a lot of snow. The worst part is, in the wake of that storm, it has been cold...*very* cold...3 degrees (F) cold. :nolike:

I'm glad I'm not in the wedding that's happening today. While everyone else freezes while doing pictures outside, I'll be nice and toasty in the car. :evil: :rolling:

11. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    DotW: She probably won't have such an old :geezer: anyway! :p

12. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Dinsdale, keeping fingers crossed for you.
    Woke up here to cold rain, pottered around a bit, turned on TV, disastrous freezing rain in Knoxville with lots of wrecks and at least 2 fatalities. In this case our higher elevation raised our temps enough that we only have rain. It was weirdly fascinating to watch the live TV shots of cars spinning out on bridges.
    Glad I'm not going to Knoxville today.
    Babble, brothers and sisters and whatevers.

13. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mentioned her cause she's cute, and that's it - she's too young (this geezer wants nothing to do with 18-year old kids!), I don't know her, and I'm 99.99999% sure I haven't made a very good first impression which, unless she's part of the 0.00000000000001% who won't judge me on the first impression, then no deal.

Speaking of which, my 'alarm clock' (read: cellphone) "malfunctioned" this morn so I missed a phys ed class. I have a feeling it will fail every Tuesday mornings. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

And man, I hope the rest goes smoothly because I really, really, really want out of there.

My point exactly - and a whole boatload more can happen from 18 to 24 as well.

14. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Meh, it hurts my wallet! I just paid my credit card bills. Stupid School tuition fee.

Edit: Woa! I just found a year old registry backup (winXP) on my USB flash-drive. This might proved to be the solution to my unstable WinXP. Yeah?

15. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Lookey here people, I'm about to put random babble inside a real answer:

My 'alarm clock' (celly too (not the prison meaning, the cellular phone meaning (but that might be clear from the context (three brackets might be pushing it a bit far (wait that was 4, so this is five! (Wow that's seriously a lot of 'em! I'd better inform Guinnes World Records or something (actually I don't think they keep records of that, kinda like in the South Park episode with the biggest poop record (reading this might be a bit hard, so I didn't add a :p smiley (no wait, I just did, heh (I'd better just stop now))))))))))) really malfunctions every tuesday. Or else, I just forgot to put it on before I went sleep. A mystery of the ages.

16. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Thanks, revmaf. It sucks being out of work. What sucks more is looking for work. Now I know why I stayed at the last place so long; job searching is a pain in the butt.

I'm taking a trip up to Washington this weekend. Part fun and part business. The fun part will be traipsing around in the rain visiting friends and sightseeing a little bit. The business part will be searching for jobs. I just hope that there's no ice on the roads up there.

In other news, my car's in the shop getting repaired after getting rear ended the night before I got laid off. You know, when it rains it pours. Anyway, my rental car is a Chrysler and boy what a piece of crap it is. Now I know I was right all these years in not liking Chrysler products.

It's been kind of hard to keep positive lately but I have no other choice. Things will get better.

17. Strife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Worked about 4 hours last night and did what I could, only to find out that I needed some database entries that I could only get back at the office.

Sigh.. mad rush now.

In other news, actor Heath Ledger has been found dead in a New York apartment. Just heard it on the radio while driving to work.

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

^ Sucks, because he was an awesome actor.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Trell, actually, the "malfunction" was intentional. Had a phys ed class this morn at 10, and I just didn't felt like going because I hate this type of class. If it was like individual training, then I wouldn't mind, but I was given a phys ed class I did not wanted, so they can go f*** themselves. Not my problem if they don't like it either - I have a 99.9% complete computer tech diploma in my pockets, and I easily could do a CSA, which is basically the good part of college without the general crap (philosophy, english, french, phys ed, that kind of crap) and get a speciality as network technician, for example. Did some while in the computer tech class, and it's not a bad job, though immensely frustrating when something doesen't work. Very lucrative, too.

20. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

In 'news from away' - I know kuemper has drifted away from us, but I thought y'all might be amused to know I got a phone call from her (yeah, I don't IM; how 'last Millenium' of me; like I care :p ) that she's freaked out that her Runescape blog is popular! :lol: Here's what happened:

-She sets up a post for today, including screenshots of her in-game accomplishments.
    -She gets "transfer quota exceeded" images instead of the screenies...or any images on her blog
    -She asks with hubby about 'maybe taking a pic off the site to get back below the quota and have everything else show up again?'
    -Hubby checks the site to confirm that it's the bandwidth quota and not the storage, and explains that 'too many people are looking at your posts and downloading the images'
    -Her: :jawdrop:
    -She calls me up and we have a quick chat and joke about how "Maybe Sen. Ted Stevens is right" :lol:

:whoa:
    Huh. [/mal reynolds] I've realised that my life is slowly degrading into nothing more than a shaggy dog joke...and not even one with a funny punchline. :skeptic:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.